• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Really?
Mine was only $600, including collets, a 5-HP static 3-phase converter, & a turret attachment.

Mine was 200, the most basic wood lathe I could find. It was the only thing I liked in shop at school, and I figured I needed a hobby, what with how old I am. I have yet to get 'er set up, but I have a room in the basement ready and waiting. Have to build a stand.

Yours looks great. May father used a metal lathe from by brother's machine shop to fulfill his habit.

What will you build, fix, do with yours?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mine was 200, the most basic wood lathe I could find. It was the only thing I liked in shop at school, and I figured I needed a hobby, what with how old I am. I have yet to get 'er set up, but I have a room in the basement ready and waiting. Have to build a stand.

Yours looks great. May father used a metal lathe from by brother's machine shop to fulfill his habit.

What will you build, fix, do with yours?
I have no specific projects for it yet.
But I'll likely need custom screws, nuts & bolts (old pattern with high
heads & unusual thread pitches). I've done some wood turning too.
The only wood lathe of mine up & running was made in 1846-47.
It's treadle powered.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have no specific projects for it yet.
But I'll likely need custom screws, nuts & bolts (old pattern with high
heads & unusual thread pitches). I've done some wood turning too.
The only wood lathe of mine up & running was made in 1846-47.
It's treadle powered.

Nice. I'll google for a picture of one like that. What carpenters could do before electricity never fails to amaze me.