• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
That's losing big time.
What kind of 3rd world ****hole country lacks a store where
you can buy roof trusses, BBQ ribs, trees, maple syrup,
pipe wrenches, candy, nail guns, doggie treats, shingles,
toothbrushes, books, refrigerators, paint, soup, & propane?
So the mall is dying in America and being replaced by stores that house it all under one roof. What a country.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Menards empire expands.
@Shadow Wolf & @Wu Wei can hardly wait for their states to join the fun.

I think Home Depot and Lowe's are pretty firmly entrenched here, although if Menards came here, they might get some business. Sears and K-Mart stores closed around here, although the shopping malls still seem to be operating (although I hardly ever go to malls). We used to have quite a number of grocery stores open 24/7, but that's ended since COVID.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think Home Depot and Lowe's are pretty firmly entrenched here, although if Menards came here, they might get some business. Sears and K-Mart stores closed around here, although the shopping malls still seem to be operating (although I hardly ever go to malls). We used to have quite a number of grocery stores open 24/7, but that's ended since COVID.
Our Lowes store was entrenched too.
Menards typically locates near competitors like them.
They beat the competition with better prices, service, & variety.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Menards empire expands.
@Shadow Wolf & @Wu Wei can hardly wait for their states to join the fun.
I've actually moved on and found replacements. And it's definitely not that orange Lowes or blue Home Depot.
Unlike Indiana we have many local businesses that meet and exceed what Menards offered. More stops are required, but I can get more amd better stuff.
It's rather a disgrace for Indiana that a hardware store is a viable store for many things that aren't even hardware.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've actually moved on and found replacements. And it's definitely not that orange Lowes or blue Home Depot.
Unlike Indiana we have many local businesses that meet and exceed what Menards offered. More stops are required, but I can get more amd better stuff.
It's rather a disgrace for Indiana that a hardware store is a viable store for many things that aren't even hardware.
I detect rationalizing your loss of Menards.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I detect rationalizing your loss of Menards.
I'm rather happy not buying food from a hardware store anymore. I like having real grocery stores that have what pulled me to Menards food section and plenty more. I like being able to get electronic supplies that are more on par with Radio Shack about 30 years ago. I like getting more than the minimum for pet stuff for spoiling my dog. I assume a local lumber yard will also be better.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm rather happy not buying food from a hardware store anymore. I like having real grocery stores that have what pulled me to Menards food section and plenty more. I like being able to get electronic supplies that are more on par with Radio Shack about 30 years ago. I like getting more than the minimum for pet stuff for spoiling my dog. I assume a local lumber yard will also be better.
If Californistan were as advanced as Michiganistan,
you'd have Menards and all the other stores too!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
There's still plenty of corn here.
But no Menards.

its not midwestern corn though....those fumes are particularly strong.....which is why you see menards n the midwest...the west coast corn fumes, for those that hav been exposed to midwestern corn fumes, are only strong enough to keep you believing Menards exists....but you don't see them there

Wu Wei

You need a Menards in your state...instead of all that
flooding, disease, high taxes, & Manhattanites.

well I can't argue the Manhattanites thing..... but east coast, particularly northeast, corn simply dows not produce the right type of corn fumes to create, or produce, the the proper corn fumes to induce the hellucination

Wu Wei

Corn won't grow in NY.
You guys can only grow obscure trendy artisanal
heirloom veggies for the social X-rays in NYC.

We grow great all natural corn in upstate NY, the type without dangerous corn fumes.... We give the trendy NYC types the field corn...and they think it's great.......silly NYC socialites

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
well I can't argue the Manhattanites thing..... but east coast, particularly northeast, corn simply dows not produce the right type of corn fumes to create, or produce, the the proper corn fumes to induce the hellucination

Talking of hallucinations, i have a thought that could turn into a good final year uni dissertation.

Observe the areas considered to be the bible belts in the US. Superimpose a geological map of rock types on which America is made. You will notice that the limestone rock masses match almost exactly with the bible belt. I.e the bible belts sit on limestone.

Now check out another map, one showing the major industrial areas and yet another showing prevailing wind direction. You will see the wind generally blows the pollution from the industry right across the bible belt and limestone bedrock.

Then it rains, the pollution turns the rain acid. Acid is known to react with limestone and produces carbon dioxide... A lot of it.

Carbon dioxide is known to cause hallucinations. (I knew id get there eventually)

And voila, a bible belt.

Do you think my hypothesis has legs?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We grow great all natural corn in upstate NY, the type without dangerous corn fumes.... We give the trendy NYC types the field corn...and they think it's great.......silly NYC socialites
Corn is unknown in NY...except for midwest
product smuggled in for addicts.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's losing big time.
What kind of 3rd world ****hole country lacks a store where
you can buy roof trusses, BBQ ribs, trees, maple syrup,
pipe wrenches, candy, nail guns, doggie treats, shingles,
toothbrushes, books, refrigerators, paint, soup, & propane?

The best of all possible places.