• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Dam goats for a win.

goats_on_dam_03.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
winning while being so very tired...only 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night..... as soon as the carrots are done.....it is winning nap time

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

i am sorely tempted, i just received an email...

Des "Amis de Picami" ont eu plusieurs naissances de moutons de race Ouessant au printemps. Les petits sont désormais sevrés et sont proposés à l'adoption. Ils sont donnés gracieusement contre bons soins. Si vous souhaitez vous essayer à l'éco-pâturage, faites nous signe, nous vous mettrons en contact avec les propriétaires actuels.

Translation...
Friends of Picami" had several births of Ouessant-breed sheep in the spring. The young are now weaned and are offered for adoption. They are given free of charge against good care. If you want to try your hand at eco-grazing, let us know, we will put you in contact with the current owners.

Just wishing we had the space.

Had it been goats we would have made the space

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
"Futuristic" describes a design from an imagined future.
Once again, ya gotta use a dictionary, much as that pains
everyone in this post-dictionary age.
No, I'm being literal. If it's the present it is not future. It may be "modern" or "contemporary," but it's not the future. The Jetsons, based on idea of what the future holds, is futurist.
And a dictionary isn't always the appropriate tool. A ball peen hammer may be good for working with metal, but it's not going to be much use for breaking up large rocks, and a sledge hammer is beyond overkill for nails and wood. The dictionary still has its place and use, but ultimately it cannot do many concepts, theories, social and economic ideas, or philosophical terms any justice. Some of that stuff gets very tricky with translations, context, multiple volumes, and just can't be summed up in a few words.
Dictionaries can also be problematic. Words such as feminine and masculine are defined in a circular way in many dictionaries and don't actually define the word. Or it just doesn't really tell you anything. Like this definition of Christian:
a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity.
That's rigidly true, but it doesn't actually tell you anything about who or what a Christian is. A dictionary will tell you a British person is from the British Isles, but an encyclopedia will go more into the different nations, cultures, and histories that go along with everything that goes into the word "British."

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
i am sorely tempted, i just received an email...

Des "Amis de Picami" ont eu plusieurs naissances de moutons de race Ouessant au printemps. Les petits sont désormais sevrés et sont proposés à l'adoption. Ils sont donnés gracieusement contre bons soins. Si vous souhaitez vous essayer à l'éco-pâturage, faites nous signe, nous vous mettrons en contact avec les propriétaires actuels.

Translation...
Friends of Picami" had several births of Ouessant-breed sheep in the spring. The young are now weaned and are offered for adoption. They are given free of charge against good care. If you want to try your hand at eco-grazing, let us know, we will put you in contact with the current owners.

Just wishing we had the space.

Had it been goats we would have made the space
I want a goat. My Doberman doesn't. I'd worry too much. Especially if I left them alone.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I want a goat. My Doberman doesn't. I'd worry too much. Especially if I left them alone.

My grandfather used to breed Dobermans. Whenever we visited and i had disappeared they could always find 3 or 4 year old me in the kennel playing with the dogs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes it's not even a good choice. Like when it defines a word in a circular manner, which is also called a logical fallacy.
It's not a logical fallacy if no argument is made.
But your argument does nothing to demonstrate
that your personal definition is superior to the
dictionary's.