• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
From your first link.

Line multiplication is sometimes called stick multiplication, and its origins are unclear, with some source claiming it comes from the Japanese,[1] Chinese,[2] or Vedic cultures.[3] It is basically the same process as the standard multiplication algorithm you are taught in school, except it is represented in a more visual way. Using the intersection of lines or sticks to represent where you multiply various place values, this method might be helpful for those learners who are more visually-oriented.

https://www-wikihow-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.wikihow.com/Multiply-Using-the-Line-Method?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16283041308128&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.wikihow.com/Multiply-Using-the-Line-Method
I know. I don't post sources without reading them first.

Deidre

Was looking for a movie for hubby and me - we have very different tastes, but we both agree, there's too much horror. Halloween? I love horror movies, but not in August. It's like everything has a horror twist. I will put a pillow in front of my face the entire movie, so not worth it. :tearsofjoy:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have never seen that losing first method.
This is the winning method.
How to Multiply Using the Line Method: 14 Steps (with Pictures)
I was taught the mediocre second method in school, and that was used all through college.

I remember learning to do math by hand, even though calculators did exist back then. But they were forbidden in math class. My dad even showed me how to use a slide rule. He also had an old abacus, in case the calculator broke down.

But now I just use a calculator if I have to do any calculating. Besides, most of the time, my fingers are closer to a keyboard, cellphone, or computer than to a pen and paper.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I remember learning to do math by hand, even though calculators did exist back then. But they were forbidden in math class. My dad even showed me how to use a slide rule. He also had an old abacus, in case the calculator broke down.

But now I just use a calculator if I have to do any calculating. Besides, most of the time, my fingers are closer to a keyboard, cellphone, or computer than to a pen and paper.
That was my case. Even the first part of statistics, no calculator. 99% of the other outside of that it's a calculator.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Happy Saturday my dears

Saturday win
ENbPiTzWkAAd28T.jpeg.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Latin Professor from the US speak in Latin with Italians in Rome. Romans have no idea of what language he is speaking. They even communicate in English with him.
LOL. THAT'S ROME.:p:p:p

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Was looking for a movie for hubby and me - we have very different tastes, but we both agree, there's too much horror. Halloween? I love horror movies, but not in August. It's like everything has a horror twist. I will put a pillow in front of my face the entire movie, so not worth it. :tearsofjoy:
Stardust. The Princess Bride. Elizabeth Town. Wedding Crashers. The Breakfast Club.

Good movies and no bloodbath.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
While I continue to roll towards 22,000...

I figure I'll get to the Rev's current level (c. 190,000 posts) in around 24,000days, or sometime in August of 2087...
He's an engineer. I am firmly convinced that he maintains a personal R&D program in his basement, has made huge technical advances he keeps to himself and applied these to the construction of life-like replicas of himself, so that he can accomplish everything he does here and at home while he sits on a beach drinking mai tais collecting 12%.

Or...he could be just good at using his time.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
He's an engineer. I am firmly convinced that he maintains a personal R&D program in his basement, has made huge technical advances he keeps to himself and applied these to the construction of life-like replicas of himself, so that he can accomplish everything he does here and at home while he sits on a beach drinking mai tais collecting 12%.

Or...he could be just good at using his time.

I think you just cracked the code. :p