• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Free Chip win

I thank you you have made up my mind for me. I was undecided what to have for dinner but reading your post in English made the decision for me. Tonight we dine on fish, chips (fries to you) and peas.

Fish and chips-2.jpg

Tiz easy to prepare and a winner

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'm more worried about the haggis, still.

The trick to making haggis palatable is slice it about 1cm (1/3 of an inch) thick and fry it in clarified butter (or duck fat) until it turns golden brown both sides

Eaten with fried eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, beans, hash browns, toast and a fried slice (of bread) it becomes a full Scottish breakfast and will set you up for a cholesterol rich day thus allowing the imbibing of single malt to continue an unabated win

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The trick to making haggis palatable is slice it about 1cm (1/3 of an inch) thick and fry it in clarified butter until it turns golden brown both sides

Eaten with fried eggs, bacon, sausage, tomato, beans, hash browns, toast and a fried slice (of bread) it becomes a full Scottish breakfast and will set you up for a cholesterol rich day thus allowing the imbibing of single malt to continue an unabated win

I see. Well.... I still think if I ate all that, I'd be too sick for the malt.

I prefer clean eating. Veggies, unbattered fish, etc.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yeah. I don't even much like American cuisine. Frito's? Yuck. Macaroni and cheese? Gross. American renditions of pizza? Ew.

What are fritos? Ahh never mind, i looked it up, in France they are called lays. And probably just as wholesome as the American version;-)

Macaroni I don't do, but tagliatelle with (for @Revoltingest) a heavy cream cheese sauce and pieces of smoked salmon is pretty good on occasion

Best pizza is from Naples (home town of pizza) with the little pizza shop in the corner of navona square in Rome being a close second. After that i make it myself.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What are fritos? Ahh never mind, i looked it up, in France they are called lays. And probably just as wholesome as the American version;-)

Macaroni I don't do, but tagliatelle with (for @Revoltingest) a heavy cream cheese sauce and pieces of smoked salmon is pretty good on occasion

Best pizza is from Naples (home town of pizza) with the little pizza shop in the corner of navona square in Rome being a close second. After that i make it myself.

My favorite is Asian food (Chinese, Japanese, etc).

ChristineM

Premium Member
My favorite is Asian food (Chinese, Japanese, etc).

Sounds good. Im actually missing chinese and Indian food here, to far to travel. But there is an excellent thai place nearby that we frequent quite often.

The supermarket i use has recently opened a sushi bar, nice ;-)

images (17).jpeg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fritos are a nasty greasy snack chip.
I like corn chips. I hate Fritos.
Salmon should never be heavily seasoned or covered in cream.
Its fantastic flavor shouldn't be disguised or overwhelmed.
Pizza here comes in a wide variety of styles.
Pick what you like.
I dislike deep dish.
Thin crust, feta, tomatoes, & anchovies are best.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Fritos are a nasty greasy snack chip.
I like corn chips. I hate Fritos.

Salmon should never be heavily seasoned or covered in cream.
Its fantastic flavor shouldn't be disguised or overwhelmed.

Pizza here comes in a wide variety of styles.
Pick what you like.
I dislike deep dish.
Thin crust, feta, tomatoes, & anchovies are best.

Yes, i discovered leys/fritos. I think it's Tyrrells pesto or truffle flavour potato crisps for me

Usually you are correct, but there are exceptions when eating Northern ilalian cuisine

There is only one style of pizza. The rest may have stolen the name for American consumption but pizza they are not

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, i discovered leys/fritos. I think it's Tyrrells pesto or truffle flavour potato crisps for me

Usually you are correct, but there are exceptions when eating Northern ilalian cuisine

There is only one style of pizza. The rest may have stolen the name for American consumption but pizza they are not
There is only one style of pizza for those who
live in primitive areas of limited choice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, you food snobs!
All food is "stolen" from someone, eg, zhang
bang (Korean) is from China, all those noodles
in Italy (from China). Each culture adopts &
adapts as they want.
Sometimes the source is just lost to history.
Where something appeared to originate
doesn't mean that's the only way that food
can be prepared.
What matters is enjoying what's available.
So if Tex Mex or BBQ become popular in
Froggistan, they'll adapt it in their way, &
it might even be good.
Enjoyment is more important than authentic.

BTW, I heard a podcast on my last trip that
addressed French food. What it is now,
isn''t what it was not so long ago.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wouldn't want to make eating burgers and BBQ a regular habit, myself.
One shouldn't survive on any single food.
You want vegetarian fare, we have that too.
But much depends upon the community
you live int. High end grocery stores now
offer prepared food & a dining area.
Your choices are great.
In short....
Don't like what you eat?
Eat something different.

Last edited: