• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This-little-piggy.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Except that the Roman's had a secret recipe that we're just now rediscovering. So the picture is incomplete
Vitruvius specifies a ratio of 1 part lime to 3 parts pozzolana for mortar used in buildings and a 1:2 ratio for underwater work. The Romans first used hydraulic concrete in coastal underwater structures, probably in the harbours around Baiae before the end of the 2nd century BC

But the side of my head and my ribs can tell you modern concrete is pretty darn hard

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Vitruvius specifies a ratio of 1 part lime to 3 parts pozzolana for mortar used in buildings and a 1:2 ratio for underwater work. The Romans first used hydraulic concrete in coastal underwater structures, probably in the harbours around Baiae before the end of the 2nd century BC

But the side of my head and my ribs can tell you modern concrete is pretty darn hard
I don't know how to translate italian into English concrete terms but Riddle solved: Why was Roman concrete so durable? is what I was thinking of.