• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Goodnight everyone
ed9aedafbf45fc167a00b6f83a3d23bf.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I hope you remembered to wipe and flush.
Winning advice: 2 Things Women Do That Seem Charming, But Actually Turn Guys Off

2. You minimize yourself​

This is when you use the word "just" to describe yourself.

Years ago, when working in management, a team leader was outside my office waiting to speak to me as I was on the phone. When I hung up the phone, I asked, "Who’s next?"

The team leader entered my office and said, "Oh, it’s just me."

"Just you? You mean my team leader who keeps her team on task and running smoothly, giving me peace of mind knowing that work is getting done efficiently, who always has a positive attitude and is an asset to the organization?" I responded in all seriousness.

Lose the "just" when describing yourself.

Another woman once told me about the small group of ladies she gets together with to work out. She said she felt intimidated because the women she trained with were successful doctors and lawyers, and she was "just a mom."

Just a mom? Moms rock! I would know, I’m married to one, and she’s a rock star. I know how much work, sacrifice, effort, and love moms give their children, and there is nothing trivial about it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

That;s me! Been turning 'em off for years. ;)

2. You minimize yourself​

This is when you use the word "just" to describe yourself.

Years ago, when working in management, a team leader was outside my office waiting to speak to me as I was on the phone. When I hung up the phone, I asked, "Who’s next?"

The team leader entered my office and said, "Oh, it’s just me."

"Just you? You mean my team leader who keeps her team on task and running smoothly, giving me peace of mind knowing that work is getting done efficiently, who always has a positive attitude and is an asset to the organization?" I responded in all seriousness.

Lose the "just" when describing yourself.

Another woman once told me about the small group of ladies she gets together with to work out. She said she felt intimidated because the women she trained with were successful doctors and lawyers, and she was "just a mom."

Just a mom? Moms rock! I would know, I’m married to one, and she’s a rock star. I know how much work, sacrifice, effort, and love moms give their children, and there is nothing trivial about it.
I think I turned in "just a mom" for "Domestic Engineer" after being over exposed to people who didn't approve of a homemaker's role.

I turned in "Domestic Engineer" sometime this year, when I no longer had time to cook or clean on any regular intervals. Then my duties became a title: I am George; Keeper Of Chaos.