• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It isn't really designed for it, but it could help when you have nothing else. Hose the house down and make it more difficult to catch. At least my folks were hoping that apparently.

I have pictures somewhere. I might have been able to put out some embers but that's about it. Huge eucalypt trees were instantly bursting into flame. If it wasn't for the jet I would have died being stupid.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
@Wu Wei, the best advice I've ever received to help relieve back pain was from an Ortho-Surgeon. Lay on the floor on you back.....Getting up is the only draw back..I'm not joking.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
@Wu Wei, the best advice I've ever received to help relieve back pain was from an Ortho-Surgeon. Lay on the floor.......Getting up is the only draw back.
I find laying flat actually causes me more pain when I sleep. I have to lay on my side in a fetal position to alleviate the pain. I think it increases the separation in my vertebrae at the point where the pain is originating and takes pressure off that point.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
@Dan From Smithville, I think the problem or one of the problems causing back pain are multiple muscles in the back constantly are adjusting your body when you lay on soft surfaces.That's why they recommend the floor or a firm surface because those muscles will relax, hopefully.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I find laying flat actually causes me more pain when I sleep. I have to lay on my side in a fetal position to alleviate the pain. I think it increases the separation in my vertebrae at the point where the pain is originating and takes pressure off that point.

I recently got a pillow that goes between my legs, it seems to help.

I got it off ebay for a fraction of the cost

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
@Wu Wei, the best advice I've ever received to help relieve back pain was from an Ortho-Surgeon. Lay on the floor on you back.....Getting up is the only draw back..I'm not joking.
My back and hips do so vvell vvhen I'm able to sleep on the floor....
I can't use a pillovv, or it knots my tailbone.
I recently got a pillow that goes between my legs, it seems to help.

I got it off ebay for a fraction of the cost
I vvas given a ton of feather pillovvs recently. I find one betvveen the knees does improve the hip pain a good bit.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
@Dan From Smithvlle, My two spine surgeries were during surgery sales.....I got real dscounts..
When asked, I just play dumb and act as if it was non-specific and don't know what caused it. But I know what it was.

Eventually, after years, my disc finally slipped and stayed that way until I got treatment and therapy. Now I have chronic, but intermittent pain. Especially in the winter.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
@Dan From Smithville, I think the problem or one of the problems causing back pain are multiple muscles in the back constantly are adjusting your body when you lay on soft surfaces.That's why they recommend the floor or a firm surface because those muscles will relax, hopefully.
That may be a useful thought that I should explore. I have so much trouble sleeping anyway these days, so anything that contributes to better, more or better and more sleep is great.