• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Words are funny - butterfly - a fly made out of butter or a fly that eats only butter. But what about buttering someone up - is that a cannibalistic ritual?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Words are funny - butterfly - a fly made out of butter or a fly that eats only butter. But what about buttering someone up - is that a cannibalistic ritual?

Buttered up and spit roasted to tender perfection.

But of course it depends on age, younger people are so much more tender.

13aea81542e733d75ce2ee597cdaedac.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Dropped Ares off for math. Fingers crossed.

I noticed lately that vvhen he is ticked about not being able to do something, he starts pretending to be manic. Interesting game plan.

He also does that if he plays outside, because he remembers his outdoor manic fits and vvants to relive the fun(reliving memories is something he's alvvays done). Adrenaline play, in a vvay... Unfortunately for him, it means he can't play outside. I'm hoping this is something he can vvork on vvith the counsellor, or he's in for a rather boring summer.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Dropped Ares off for math. Fingers crossed.

I noticed lately that vvhen he is ticked about not being able to do something, he starts pretending to be manic. Interesting game plan.

He also does that if he plays outside, because he remembers his outdoor manic fits and vvants to relive the fun(reliving memories is something he's alvvays done). Adrenaline play, in a vvay... Unfortunately for him, it means he can't play outside. I'm hoping this is something he can vvork on vvith the counsellor, or he's in for a rather boring summer.
He's learned that mania gets attention. Hopefully he'll quickly learn that he loses by faking mania.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
He's learned that mania gets attention. Hopefully he'll quickly learn that he loses by faking mania.
Unfortunately, fake mania still gets attention(the behavior is highly detrimental, genuine or not), but he doesn't get any privileges this vvay. Then there's the anger outbursts resulting from that...

Figures that he's my big boy. LeeAnder vvas tiny at his age. Yudhi's itsy bitsy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unfortunately, fake mania still gets attention(the behavior is highly detrimental, genuine or not), but he doesn't get any privileges this vvay. Then there's the anger outbursts resulting from that...

Figures that he's my big boy. LeeAnder vvas tiny at his age. Yudhi's itsy bitsy.
Sounds like the message is "Do you want attention or 'privileges' that you also want" Training stubborn and recalcitrant humans is not easy.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like the message is "Do you want attention or 'privileges' that you also want" Training stubborn and recalcitrant humans is not easy.
It isn't. I've resorted to carrying Skittles around and revvarding one for small good behaviors(petting the cat gently, recollecting oneself, remembering to ask befor running off), but he does fill up, and sometimes its not enough motivation.

Our friend vvas over yesterday, and vvhenever he'd start acting out, she'd break into camp songs. He eventually stopped so she'd stop.