• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
OMG I am dreading taking my two cats from Texas to Ohio in a few weeks. Lordy. They scream and growl all the way to the vet and back so I can just imagine the fun I am in for.

When we moved to France Paul and the children flew. My brother in law and me drove with 2 cats. That was a 20 hour drive plus the channel tunnel. After the first few hours the cats quieted down. It was about 4 hours with ours. I hope yours settle down sooner.

We had them in separate cat carriers to save on the fighting

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
When we moved to France Paul and the children flew. My brother in law and me drove with 2 cats. That was a 20 hour drive plus the channel tunnel. After the first few hours the cats quieted down. It was about 4 hours with ours. I hope yours settle down sooner.
Good grief, I hope so too. I am so sorry you went through that!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

We had them in separate cat carriers to save on the fighting
When we moved across country our 3 cats wore collars and leashes. There was a certain amount of "singing" every day and one managed to wiggle out of a window shut almost all the way and was dangling by the leash at the Grand Canyon the trip went mostly ok with no real problems including no cats lost.

Kathryn

When we moved across country our 3 cats wore collars and leashes. There was a certain amount of "singing" every day and one managed to wiggle out of a window shut almost all the way and was dangling by the leash at the Grand Canyon the trip went mostly ok with no real problems including no cats lost.
Oh mine would absolutely die if I tried to put leashes on them. They wear collars but barely so to speak. I mean, they determine to wear collars but they always make it clear that it's to appease me, not them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh mine would absolutely die if I tried to put leashes on them. They wear collars but barely so to speak. I mean, they determine to wear collars but they always make it clear that it's to appease me, not them.
Ours were pretty accepting. Every day we fished them out from underneath the motel bed, put a leash on them , offered them food and then loaded them and the litter box into the car. We had a friend along so it was one cat per person which really helped.

Kathryn

Ours were pretty accepting. Every day we fished them out from underneath the motel bed, put a leash on them , offered them food and then loaded them and the litter box into the car. We had a friend along so it was one cat per person which really helped.
OMG I am also outnumbered. My daughter has told me that whatever I do, do not let the cats out of the carrier! She also told me that cats refuse to eat or drink or go to the bathroom while traveling. Not sure if that's true.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
For those that like to cook, here's a simple recipe

430076295_10163766537516151_4722111494791875072_n.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
OMG I am also outnumbered. My daughter has told me that whatever I do, do not let the cats out of the carrier! She also told me that cats refuse to eat or drink or go to the bathroom while traveling. Not sure if that's true.
I had two people per 5 cats, no carriers. :D

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ours ate but we were on the road for several days and served really good food that they liked. I don't remember if they were fasting for the first day or two

Kathryn

Ours ate but we were on the road for several days and served really good food that they liked. I don't remember if they were fasting for the first day or two
Lordy. I mean, I am really, really going to try to make it in one day.