• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What did it mean when she said that?
"I want to do something and I'm stating it as a tentative suggestion so you can agree with me".
My family's always been horrified by my bluntness... The beating around the bush is not something I understand.
When I was direct she perceived it as a non-negotiable demand. We worked it out so that I don't "push her buttons" by saying "would you like to do x".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Time for sleeping, cheerio, goodnight and all the rest of it.
eed344fb0c8da63ddb3b8ac2808d7e7b.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ares wants to watch a music video that almost always triggers misbehaviors(big ones, too).

I said no. He was insisting it was because of the profanity, and gave me examples of profanity in other songs we listen to.

I let him know it wasn't due to the ****ing profanity, and packed as many other bad words into the sentence as I could.

It actually made his jaw drop...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ares wants to watch a music video that almost always triggers misbehaviors(big ones, too).

I said no. He was insisting it was because of the profanity, and gave me examples of profanity in other songs we listen to.

I let him know it wasn't due to the ****ing profanity, and packed as many other bad words into the sentence as I could.

It actually made his jaw drop...

He tried to "push your buttons" and you were not pushed. Good.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
He tried to "push your buttons" and you were not pushed. Good.
Unfortunately, he temporarily backed off... and then came on with full gusto.

The last three hours were most unhappy.

Wasn't a mania, but it appeared to start as a discipline issue and then turn into an obsession issue(you can tell when it was n obsessive thing because he frantically picks his toenails after it passes).

I repeat, MOST unhappy.

Stress aside, behavior fits that last that long are just plain boring. Can't do anything other than deal with the same old "yes-no-yes-no-yes-no"...

Ugh.
I made it safely except for being asked to leave Tamworth maccas for eating my ham and cheese sandwich in there even though I was drinking their coffee.
That seems a little dramatic on their end...

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
My daughter is smarter than me. I was whinging to her about having to use the phone because the screen is too small and she said hotspot your tablet to the phone derrrrrrrrr

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The best sign you can see when travelling single lane roads is... overtaking lane 500 metres ahead. Unless the vehicle you've been stick behind doing half the speed limit suddenly starts doing twice the speed limit.