• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wirey

Fartist
The garage found $1900 worth of cheap - brakes, battery and timing belt (1200) and a few other things. I almost sold it to my next door neighbor for retail - $1900 but his wife said no. I'm of course not telling him that he could have flipped it the next day.
Aftermarket parts for Honda are easy and inexpensive. The timing belt is actually pretty straightforward on the 1.8 litre as well. In Canada I could get $3500-$4500 for it, easy.

I used to sell Hondas.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
2 more nights if I don't die of starvation. The bakery is the only place open for another hour and their coffee machine is out of order
No coffee

download.jpg

Stock upon pastries and pies

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
You purchased it from @Revoltingest out of the back of Mr Van..... didn't you.......
Once, while walking out of a Walmart in Sedalia, MO, a guy asked me if I would like to buy a Ruger Blackhawk, new in the box. I believe he had six of them. It was a great deal, but I said I would have to pass. Used the student excuse to get out of there as quick as I could. I was left only to wonder why he thought I looked like a guy that might buy a very possibly stolen gun from a dude in a parking lot. It made me wonder if I needed to upgrade my wardrobe.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Once, while walking out of a Walmart in Sedalia, MO, a guy asked me if I would like to buy a Ruger Blackhawk, new in the box. I believe he had six of them. It was a great deal, but I said I would have to pass. Used the student excuse to get out of there as quick as I could. I was left only to wonder why he thought I looked like a guy that might buy a very possibly stolen gun from a dude in a parking lot. It made me wonder if I needed to upgrade my wardrobe.
When I was a mechanic a guy showed up at the back door wanting to sell a complete 1 inch socket set cheap.... I looked at it, asked him where he got it. Said he had had it for years, he did not remember where he got it from..... I then said, I see you engraved it with your rank and your name...he looked at me confused... I handed the ratchet back to him and said...thanks, but I'm not interested General Electric..... whole set was engraved, rather professionally, with Genera Electric... GE was just down the road from the garage I worked at then

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a mechanic a guy showed up at the back door wanting to sell a complete 1 inch socket set cheap.... I looked at it, asked him where he got it. Said he had had it for years, he did not remember where he got it from..... I then said, I see you engraved it with your rank and your name...he looked at me confused... I handed the ratchet back to him and said...thanks, but I'm not interested General Electric..... whole set was engraved, rather professionally, with Genera Electric... GE was just down the road from the garage I worked at then
Nice.

I've moved up in the world and encounter a better class of thief these days. Unfortunately, most of them I hired as my lawyer.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
but do they try and sell you illegal guns
Not yet. I think they consider erring to the side of caution with me in that regard. At least they better.

My sister practiced property law for 5 years and then switched careers. Her opinion of most lawyers sort of nose-dived from her earlier yearnings to join the profession.

Some of them can't be all bad and I have a bias from having to deal with some that didn't do me any good for what I was paying.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
No win!

LeeAnder was looking up pictures of the twins from Tokyo Hotel to play a joke on his dad(long story)... I spent my mid twenties in love with those two, and feared seeing how they'd age... Oh, they'd have aged so beautifully if only they hadn't cut their hair!

A sad, sad day. (Though I hope LeeAnder's joke goes over as he hopes.)