• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm retiring as soon as the family grows up.

I don't think Hubby has any plans of that. Guess I'll be a life long worker.

Its fair, though. I have no plans to do so myself.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
First thing I'm doing when I get home is getting rid of the bedroom clock. I woke up a few times last night and went back to sleep wondering what time it was. Normally I look at the time then get annoyed about being awake.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
First thing I'm doing when I get home is getting rid of the bedroom clock. I woke up a few times last night and went back to sleep wondering what time it was. Normally I look at the time then get annoyed about being awake.
Sometimes I put slips of paper over the clock on the computer. I don't need to know what time it is. I have alarms set for all the 'must dos'.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm retiring as soon as the family grows up.

I don't think Hubby has any plans of that. Guess I'll be a life long worker.

Its fair, though. I have no plans to do so myself.
Sorry, I don't understand. The first sentence is clear. The second contradicts the first. And the third I don't grok.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
img_2_1693390731677 (1).jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I retired at the normal retirement age + a few months to max my 401k savings. It was the right time for me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nope. I retired at 42 but was told my chances of making 43 were not great. Also helps if the railway is worried you are going to sue them and they give you a payout and pension if you agree not to.

But you're still here and enjoying life. A winner