• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wirey

Fartist
It's Sunday. Or as we call it at our house, it's "Get to the grocery store early before it gets busy and don't sleep in" day.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The French huddle is back. It disappeared during the pandemic and had been slow to start up again but.

Sauntering through the fete are small huddles of people passing the time of day by chatting.

How it works, you see someone you know and stop for a chat, someone else will join in. Someone leaves, someone else will join in.

Before you know it you have 8 or 10 people huddled together catching up on news and gossip with people joining and people leaving.

After some time it just breaks apart.

A part of french rural life killed by covid is reborn and I'm glad to see it.

That's a real win

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The French huddle is back. It disappeared during the pandemic and had been slow to start up again but.

Sauntering through the fete are small huddles of people passing the time of day by chatting.

How it works, you see someone you know and stop for a chat, someone else will join in. Someone leaves, someone else will join in.

Before you know it you have 8 or 10 people huddled together catching up on news and gossip with people joining and people leaving.

That's a real win

The American huddle:

de1ea26f-c8f9-4d6d-a3dd-188aeb79001b_text.gif

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

That's a real win

*wistful*

I live in the suburbs of a metropolis. Everyone's in our cars. Millions of us.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
An American i know (actually Canadian but has lived in the IS most of her life) often says "i feel swirly" .

What does it mean? I've asked but she just says "you know, swirly"

I guess it's one of those words that might have a subjective meaning depending on the context. In the gif above, it's from the movie PCU, where they're playing some kind of frisbee football. They're all pretty whacked out and tripping over the design on the frisbee which apparently looks like some kind of swirl.

I also recall it being used to describe an act of bullying where someone forces someone's head into a toilet and then flushes, causing a swirling effect sometimes referred to as "swirly."

I suppose it could be used in the context of "spacy" or perhaps dizzy, unable to concentrate.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Honda what?
Honda Civic LX.

They did not care one bit when I offered to tell them what the garage found needing doing so I think they practice "caveat emptor" to the max. The lesson is that if you buy a used car, always get a maintenance policy unless you have it inspected by a reliable mechanic before you buy it.

Wirey

Fartist
Honda Civic LX.

They did not care one bit when I offered to tell them what the garage found needing doing so I think they practice "caveat emptor" to the max. The lesson is that if you buy a used car, always get a maintenance policy unless you have it inspected by a reliable mechanic before you buy it.
'99 Civic LX is one of the most sellable cars on earth, and maintenance on them is cheap.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I slept from 10pm until 5.30am only waking once. It's a miracle. And I've broken the drought, it rained all night. I'll be demanding payment for services rendered.

So you aren't sleeping under the stars then?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
'99 Civic LX is one of the most sellable cars on earth, and maintenance on them is cheap.
The garage found $1900 worth of cheap - brakes, battery and timing belt (1200) and a few other things. I almost sold it to my next door neighbor for retail - $1900 but his wife said no. I'm of course not telling him that he could have flipped it the next day.