• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Time for sleep, goodnight

d0559330624bcd7ed85c66d4507b1865.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I used to own a small one. It is amazing how many people do not even know how to pick up a sofa. I was always half of the delivery team until the end when I did a going out of business sale. I had to have two full time delivery men then and several sales people.
Had an owner of a furniture store try and higher me at my home becauti had to tell his delivery crew how to fit the stuff they were delivering up the stairs and through door. He asked me where i had worked. I told him and he offered me a job. I did not take it

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Ares got his leg stuck in the crib when he was young, and I had to butter it up.

He thought that was fun.
TRUE STORY TIME:

My teenage son was getting dressed for church, and came in and I saw this HUGE confederate flag ring on his finger so I told him, "Take that stupid ring off" and I figured that was that. Silly me. So while we were in church I noticed him squirming around and I looked down and that stupid ring was still on his finger and he was trying really hard to take it off, but it wouldn't come off. I googled "How to get a ring off," and all that crazy stuff and tried everything, to no avail. Finally I said, "Listen, I am going to have to take you to the ER, which will be expensive but whatever, that ring has to come off your finger," which was now all swollen of course. So off we go to the ER. I hate to bring this up, but I will at this point - my kids are half African American, which makes this all even worse. Not only that, the main custodian, WHO HAD TO CUT THE RING OFF MY SON'S FINGER, was African American. It was all so crazy, I can't even tell it right. But that's it in a nutshell. Needless to say, the ring, which was made out of some crazy metal which wasn't silver or gold, was a loss, which I didn't care about one way or the other, but I do remember telling my son, "You deserve whatever happens to you," and I stand by that.

He was very chagrined.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wouldn't mind the weird, but I'm getting frustrated with the "I'm angry at the weather, so I'm going to poop on the floor bit." She doesn't like summer. I get it. I can't help it. Pooping on the floor won't make it go away. (This is a repeat summer activity.)

We had a dog who would not do her business in the back yard when it was raining. We had to take her to the local park every day it rained after that because she had held it for THREE days and when she got to the park pooped/peed/pooped/peed/pooped and peed some more. But at least she waited for the stupid humans to realize what was going on.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We had a dog who would not do her business in the back yard when it was raining. We had to take her to the local park every day it rained after that because she had held it for THREE days and when she got to the park pooped/peed/pooped/peed/pooped and peed some more. But at least she waited for the stupid humans to realize what was going on.
That's a long time to hold it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Had an owner of a furniture store try and higher me at my home becauti had to tell his delivery crew how to fit the stuff they were delivering up the stairs and through door. He asked me where i had worked. I told him and he offered me a job. I did not take it
That can be tricky. I had a large executive desk that I had to deliver to a house that simply would not go through a doorway. They had not measured properly. I ended up partially disassembling it. I cannot remember if I took off the top, or if I took off the base which was about eight to ten inches tall. And it may have happened more than once. Because there was a desk with an extra large top where we had to attach it once it was in the room.

As to sofas I have had to have an extra furniture blanket to put on the floor and then put the sofa on end and rotate skid it through a doorway. Sometimes I wonder how they got things out.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Technology fail, no rain on the radar but I got drowned while walking the dog, we were only 100 meters from the car when it started but got soaked through.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That can be tricky. I had a large executive desk that I had to deliver to a house that simply would not go through a doorway. They had not measured properly. I ended up partially disassembling it. I cannot remember if I took off the top, or if I took off the base which was about eight to ten inches tall. And it may have happened more than once. Because there was a desk with an extra large top where we had to attach it once it was in the room.

As to sofas I have had to have an extra furniture blanket to put on the floor and then put the sofa on end and rotate skid it through a doorway. Sometimes I wonder how they got things out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Pianos are heavy. Best left to the people that sell them. I have moved a few and it was never fun, but a person that works at a piano store will have special hand trucks and carts just made for pianos and a single man could do the work of three without even breaking a sweat.