• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good morning everyone

It's another grey day in not so sunny England.

Home tomorrow (i hope)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just been for a morning constitutional and visit a friend.

Still grey sky, but the rain held off.

That's a win.

All our plans for this trip are complete, another win i think Nothing to do now except relax and wait for the plane that leaves at daft o'clock in the morning.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nude table tennis.

catstabletennis.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A litter-free win for me, but the same can't be said for the town of Babylon, NY.

1f43eda0fd0903454142aa54607b959a.jpg

The Town of Babylon's "Operation Clean" campaign was launched with an ad showing a serial litterer getting some "karma" in the form of a garbage truck dumping its load on his lawn.

"We want to show people that if you are littering, you're doing something totally irresponsible and immature," Schaffer said.

The town said first-time offenders can face a fine of up to $1,000 for littering.

Why do people litter? With a heavy fine like that, you'd think it would be a powerful enough disincentive, but how many people actually get caught and fined?

1720355656827.png

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
A litter-free win for me, but the same can't be said for the town of Babylon, NY.

View attachment 93891

Why do people litter? With a heavy fine like that, you'd think it would be a powerful enough disincentive, but how many people actually get caught and fined?

View attachment 93892
That's on Long Island's southern coast

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

View attachment 93891

View attachment 93892
TRUE STORY TIME!

A few years ago, I saw some idiot actually clean out his car on the side of the road (made me worry about his house but I digress). Anyway, I followed him until I realized "What am I going to do if he stops?" So I quit following him.

Another time, I was sitting on my sofa looking out across my front yard and some teenager came by and threw a plastic cup in my yard. I jumped off the sofa and ran out the front door and chased him down and said "What are you doing? I know you live on this street. Here's what you do, you take your cup and you THROW IT IN YOUR OWN TRASHCAN." Then I made him come back and pick up the cup too, and I watched him walk into his house with it. Sheeze!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
TRUE STORY TIME!

A few years ago, I saw some idiot actually clean out his car on the side of the road (made me worry about his house but I digress). Anyway, I followed him until I realized "What am I going to do if he stops?" So I quit following him.

Another time, I was sitting on my sofa looking out across my front yard and some teenager came by and threw a plastic cup in my yard. I jumped off the sofa and ran out the front door and chased him down and said "What are you doing? I know you live on this street. Here's what you do, you take your cup and you THROW IT IN YOUR OWN TRASHCAN." Then I made him come back and pick up the cup too, and I watched him walk into his house with it. Sheeze!
When I first moved into my house, it had been empty for a few months. Apparently that made many of the dog owners think my yard was a public dog bathroom that they did not need to clean up. I made a few clean it up when I saw them and made it known if I find anymore dog doo in my youth yard they would find the pile deposited on their from porch..... have not had that problem in a while now

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
TRUE STORY TIME!

I had a friend I was driving around that threw garbage out the window. I got mad, and stopped. Made her go get it. Told her to put it on the floor with the rest of the trash. The car was obviously a pig sty, but we have no reason to make a mess of the planet.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
TRUE STORY TIME!

I never could understand it myself. It's not that difficult to find a suitable receptacle to deposit one's trash. People who are traveling can wait until they get to a rest area, gas station, etc. Public parks generally have trash cans placed in various locations. I can see that, in some occasions, it might be unintentional, but most of the time, it just seems like people just don't care.