• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
This reminds me so much of my brother, who is schizophrenic and bipolar. I remember one time calling the police, AFTER he threatened me and I called the police who sent him home with his wife, and they told me "Well, it's not against the law to be crazy. Your brother has to be actively threatening your safety or his own." What?

He ended up being confined to a mental institution for many years. He also had not filed any taxes for YEARS, though he and his wife made plenty of money. So he owed the IRS a lot of Denero and now he is on disability (though he can work, he doesn't want to so there's that aspect) and this was AFTER the trial and all that brouhaha, and after the years in a mental institution. Man, maybe I should do that now that I think of it...
I think there's an advantage with Ares that he doesn't actually want to behave like a lunatic...

Him being autistic is a disadvantage. Its hard to get people to see this isn't autism related. I think he's bipolar. Maybe schizophrenic, but I'm not sure on that one.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think there's an advantage with Ares that he doesn't actually want to behave like a lunatic...

Him being autistic is a disadvantage. Its hard to get people to see this isn't autism related. I think he's bipolar. Maybe schizophrenic, but I'm not sure on that one.
When was the last time he was tested and diagnosed?

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
If there's any hope in the situation, it lies there.
Myself and his therapists feel that some of his struggle also lies in these episodes he can't control, and the low self esteem resulting.

I'm sure it feels like **** to become 'aware' again, and realize you injured your mom, peed your pants, and broke your phone.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My brother in law has schizophrenia, with built in manic paranoia. Today was a bad day but improved this evening
I swear sometimes I think it's just a big crap shoot. Manic paranoia, bipolar, schizophrenic, what? SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEIR MINDS.

Oh, I left out schizoaffective disorder. That one too.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1722631722843.png