• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I never understood the reality show craze...

I've been told I would be a candidate for one for decades.

Yudhi hasn't had a haircut in 5 years(he's 5). Sam hasn't had a haircut in probably 12 years... Ares has never had a purposeful haircut, but did rip about a quarter of his hair out with a drill 4 years ago. LeeAnder hasn't had one for 6 years.

LeeAnder is doing pretty well, other than he has stopped taking his OCD meds because they were making him feel ill. So, while his behavior's been okay, he paces back and forth most of the day, muttering that his rib cage is broken, his stomach is swelling, his hair is falling out, his knees buckling... (He realizes he needs OCD meds and we're waiting on an appointment to get him some different ones.)

Ares has been quite mild this week, relatively speaking.

Yudhi has been overall alright.

Sam has behaved like a toddler, both in awe and wonder, and juvenile tantrums. Mixed bag.

The pets are well.
My hair is thick and grows fast. I once let it grow to my waist. I looked like a roadie for Iron Maiden or Motorhead. I liked the look, but could not stand the maintenance or that it got into everything.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
He's inspired me to stay in bed...

I actually slept until almost 10am(in which I have to wake to give Ares his meds).

But why?? :(
That's a good question.

Guilt and regret probably. For all those things that need to be addressed that would make my lot one that is better than it is?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Sam's is about mid thigh.

He tends to roll it all up and stick it out the back of his baseball cap.
I am personally rather conservative about myself and long hair wasn't something I aspired too engage. When I divorced, haircuts were an expense I deemed could be lived without for a time. Then as my hair got longer and longer, it occurred to me that it was a great opportunity to see where it could go. When it got there, it was so much trouble to me that I waved it good bye one morning.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I am personally rather conservative about myself and long hair wasn't something I aspired too engage. When I divorced, haircuts were an expense I deemed could be lived without for a time. Then as my hair got longer and longer, it occurred to me that it was a great opportunity to see where it could go. When it got there, it was so much trouble to me that I waved it good bye one morning.
Waist length is pretty long. Mine won't go more than a couple inches below my shoulders.

I never cut the length, but sometimes will give myself bangs, and then let them grow when I get tired of them.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
winning with moderate length hair...it's only been about two years since my last haircut...gonna have to do one soon to eliminate the split ends and a few tresses that don't cooperate with the rest...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Waist length is pretty long. Mine won't go more than a couple inches below my shoulders.

I never cut the length, but sometimes will give myself bangs, and then let them grow when I get tired of them.
That sounds like a much more manageable length than what I reached.

It also interfered with my sleep and anything that does that and I can change it doesn't stand much chance with me.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Sam's is about mid thigh.

He tends to roll it all up and stick it out the back of his baseball cap.
That's impressive length. Does he play an instrument?

I was once, and probably still am impressed, by the length of hair of some of the members of the band the Cult. What was more impressive was that they could whip it while playing and maintain the song, their balance and apparently their equilibrium.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
That's impressive length. Does he play an instrument?
Guitar and drums. He's really good on drums. Decent on guitar.
I was once, and probably still am impressed, by the length of hair of some of the members of the band the Cult. What was more impressive was that they could whip it while playing and maintain the song, their balance and apparently their equilibrium.
He can't whip his around.