• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My family(immediate and external) is all driving me nuts.

No, I don't want to send Ares into a tissy and get beat up so I can stand over a dead body. Really. Please stop calling/texting/poking me about it.

I would rather sit here and look at this beautiful teddy bear Grandma made, or ponder pleasant memories of her than stare at her in a state at her worst.

I respect and honor their right to do these customary rituals. I don't know why it is so hard for them to understand completing these rituals don't have any meaning to me, and the risk of several days worth of tantrums isn't worth it to me.

Grandma would understand. "Oh, no. Let's not get Ares all upset, bless his heart. He's just not able to understand, the poor dear" is what she'd say.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yudhi starts specials at the school today(art, music, gym, etc).

I wonder how he'll do.

I'm certain that he'll tell me everyone in the class is his friend(the whole world is his friend). I know he won't have any meltdowns of Ares proportion. I'm unsure as to how well he'll follow directions, though he does like 'school project' type stuff, so I'm optimistic.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Winning, more or less, by working on renewing home insurance policies. Earthquake coverage is REALLY expensive but given where we live, I'll pony up. Homeowners has issues such as "slope needs review" so I'm on hold right now to ask WTF do I need to do.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Winning, more or less, by working on renewing home insurance policies. Earthquake coverage is REALLY expensive but given where we live, I'll pony up. Homeowners has issues such as "slope needs review" so I'm on hold right now to ask WTF do I need to do.
World Taekwondo Federation????

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Winning because the insurance rep fixed all the "needs review" items with information they already had on file so all it cost me was time on hold.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I hope so.
Its doing mostly better now.
Ask Ares...;-)
Sadly, my deodorant was what Ares broke the window with last Tuesday, and seeing it may trigger memories. If he's not stable, "let's do it again!" might come up.

I don't want anymore duct tape windows.
Or borrow Sams
That's what I did, but it doesn't work well on me at all. I tend to just smell like BO and 'fresh scent', whatever the hell 'fresh scent' is.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Its doing mostly better now.

Sadly, my deodorant was what Ares broke the window with last Tuesday, and seeing it may trigger memories. If he's not stable, "let's do it again!" might come up.

I don't want anymore duct tape windows.

That's what I did, but it doesn't work well on me at all. I tend to just smell like BO and 'fresh scent', whatever the hell 'fresh scent' is.
No worries....fresh scent = that horse-stable aroma.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
TRUE STORY TIME:

One time, right after my dad passed away, I was getting ready to go to the funeral home with my mom and my two brothers. One of them said, "I just can't go." I told him to get up and get dressed because our mother needed all of her children around her at that time, which was true. I also said, "Oh good grief, you can go, it's not like we have to wash the body or anything." We didn't even see our dad, for that matter. He didn't want to go. Well, neither did I but I did it. I actually think I would have rather stuck a hot poker in my eye but I went dadgummit and he needed to too.

He did go. He dropped my mom off at the door, and then went to park the car, and she came running in all flustered and said "He scares me, and I don't want to ride back with him." I took her back home, even though it was out of my way, and my brother was staying with her. But I did make him go to the funeral home with her.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
TRUE STORY TIME:

One time, right after my dad passed away, I was getting ready to go to the funeral home with my mom and my two brothers. One of them said, "I just can't go." I told him to get up and get dressed because our mother needed all of her children around her at that time, which was true. I also said, "Oh good grief, you can go, it's not like we have to wash the body or anything." We didn't even see our dad, for that matter. He didn't want to go. Well, neither did I but I did it. I actually think I would have rather stuck a hot poker in my eye but I went dadgummit and he needed to too.

He did go. He dropped my mom off at the door, and then went to park the car, and she came running in all flustered and said "He scares me, and I don't want to ride back with him." I took her back home, even though it was out of my way, and my brother was staying with her. But I did make him go to the funeral home with her.
Out of everyone, my dad seems to be the only one that understands why I'm not going.

That's probably because he's the only relative that knows Ares well at this point, and understands what an Ares fit entails, and doesn't want to see one any more than I do(especially in that setting).