• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Bickering with the neighbor...

He expresses that he doesn't want anyone to park in front of his apartment building. Its extended to a point he doesn't want us to park in front of our house, either. (Property is close together here.) He doesn't drive, he says its so his delivery guys can get through. He won't say that he doesn't want us to park in front of our house, but he just came out and yelled at Sam for parking in front of 'his' building, when Sam is parked in front of our own house.

This is nonsense. We don't park directly in front of his house as a favor to his obsessiveness. We're not going to stop parking in front of our own house. The delivery guys will park where ever they need to to deliver the food without much thought. Furthermore, the street is city property, and people can park where ever they want. If they choose not to out of courtesy, that is their option.

I suspect he's drinking too much again. He is okay if you encounter him sober, but if he's drunk(and he is sometimes drunk around the clock), he's bitter and mean.

I'll keep an eye out for him. If he shows up around here, I'll tell him what for.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I always defer to the local inhabitants to tell me the correct pronunciation.

I grew up near a town called "Apalachin" in upstate NY. All the locals pronounced the "ch" sound like a "k," so it was "Apalakin." People from outside of that area pronounced it as it was spelled, with the "ch" sounding like a "ch." So, you could tell who was from around there and who wasn't.

The main reason anyone discussed the town at all was because there was a major Mob bust that took place there, when all the top mobsters of the country met at the home of one of the local Mob bosses allied with the NY Commission. So, it gets talked about by Mob history buffs.
Madrid, New York pronounces Madrid differently. And that' not even the start of such things.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A winning sign

put-this-on-your-mind-v0-w6jjnkvedmnd1.png

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Cairo Illinois is not like the Cairo in Egypt
Versailles Illinois is not like the Versailles in France
San Jose Illinois is not like the San Jose in California

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Louis Louis. Thank you for sticking that song right in my head.