• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have things to do. Want the kids settled, but I still have things to do that are NOT work/IT related…. Besides, Mrs Wu told me I don’t have her permission to go anywhere

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Winning today because it was just about this time yesterday that I decided that the slight heart flutter I was feeling had gone on for many hours too long. So, we headed off to the emergency room at our preferred hospital, where I was promptly triaged by competent nursing and technical staff, found to be 'stable,' (that is, I wasn't have great pain associated with the flutter, nor a variety of other symptoms that might indicate it be something serious...). Samples were collected and tests were run.

Then began the wait. That was about 3 pm.

If we had realized that the cafeteria was only open from 5-7, and they no longer have vending machines...and no water fountains...we might have taken steps to deal with that...but, not knowing how long I might be waiting, we just made plans to stop for fast food after getting my results read to us...

So, at 10 pm, having heard nothing from anyone, we let the people at the reception station know that I was starting to get light-headed--from dehydration and lack of food, and yes, I was moving from just mildly irritated to positively peeved. Within minutes they took another EKG and blood pressure...and guess what? My condition was no longer stable! My BP was 181/103...so they got me back into a room in the actual service area within minutes, decided they needed to take more blood for analysis...realized that my urine sample must have been set aside someplace (like at 4 pm...), so they finally found it...They also found us some premade lunches from some stash they keep, and brought us icewater to drink. PB, etc., immediately began to return to normal...

After awhile, the really nice lady doctor came in to report what they had found so far, and to order a few more tests to ensure that something really unusual wasn't trying to slip through...those tests came back normal...

Finally, at about 2 am, they released me, so we went home and to bed.

Wu Wei

Winning today because it was just about this time yesterday that I decided that the slight heart flutter I was feeling had gone on for many hours too long. So, we headed off to the emergency room at our preferred hospital, where I was promptly triaged by competent nursing and technical staff, found to be 'stable,' (that is, I wasn't have great pain associated with the flutter, nor a variety of other symptoms that might indicate it be something serious...). Samples were collected and tests were run.

If we had realized that the cafeteria was only open from 5-7, and they no longer have vending machines...and no water fountains...we might have taken steps to deal with that...but, not knowing how long I might be waiting, we just made plans to stop for fast food after getting my results read to us...

So, at 10 pm, having heard nothing from anyone, we let the people at the reception station know that I was starting to get light-headed--from dehydration and lack of food, and yes, I was moving from just mildly irritated to positively peeved. Within minutes they took another EKG and blood pressure...and guess what? My condition was no longer stable! My BP was 181/103...so they got me back into a room in the actual service area within minutes, decided they needed to take more blood for analysis...realized that my urine sample must have been set aside someplace (like at 4 pm...), so they finally found it...They also found us some premade lunches from some stash they keep, and brought us icewater to drink. PB, etc., immediately began to return to normal...

After awhile, the really nice lady doctor came in to report what they had found so far, and to order a few more tests to ensure that something really unusual wasn't trying to slip through...those tests came back normal...

Dang, 12 hours, that’s a long time. Of course your BP was high, you were dehydrated. Glad it all turned out ok

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

Post script. There was nothing materially wrong that they could identify. My magnesium level was borderline low...possibly caused by dehydration and forced fasting. And, I have a condition called "premature atrial contraction." It's apparently benign and many people can go through a long and healthy life and not know that they have them. I've always felt these flutters (I would not call them 'palpitations'), but mostly as a little flutter that caused me to cough. Sometimes I've had they continue in a little cluster over five or ten minutes...but this had started at 3 am the Wednesday morning and hadn't stopped...

but, after getting food and water about 10:30, they pretty much stopped being an irritation for me.

Wu Wei

Post script. There was nothing materially wrong that they could identify. My magnesium level was borderline low...possibly caused by dehydration and forced fasting. And, I have a condition called "premature atrial contraction." It's apparently benign and many people can go through a long and healthy life and not know that they have them. I've always felt these flutters (I would not call them 'palpitations'), but mostly as a little flutter that caused me to cough. Sometimes I've had they continue in a little cluster over five or ten minutes...but this had started at 3 am the Wednesday morning and hadn't stopped...

but, after getting food and water about 10:30, they pretty much stopped being an irritation for me.
Had something similar, got an occasional weird flutter. But not enough to get to the ER. I made an appointment with a cardiologist. He discovered that for me it was normal. There was some nerve that went around the front of most folks hearts, it went around the back of mine causing the occasional flutter type feeling

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have things to do. Want the kids settled, but I still have things to do that are NOT work/IT related…. Besides, Mrs Wu told me I don’t have her permission to go anywhere
My wife and I have said the same thing to each other.

Besides that, my wife refuses to retire from a job she loves and I refuse to give up what I'm doing. And given what I believe is going on now in the dying of an age and the birth of another, I want to see it unfold knowing that birth is almost always painful and prolonged.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Glad it's nothing to worry about.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

I have to, or she'll kill me
My husband once nursed a cat back to health that even the vet wasn't expecting to live.

He hated that cat.

I told him I was surprised he was spending so many hours lovingly caring for the poor guy. He told me that cat wasn't going anywhere; he planned to kill him himself. (He liked the cat no matter what he said.)

Well, I'm glad you're okay after all that commotion... made for an interesting day?
That was an easy one, and you missed it.

Besides that, my wife refuses to retire from a job she loves and I refuse to give up what I'm doing. And given what I believe is going on now in the dying of an age and the birth of another, I want to see it unfold knowing that birth is almost always painful and prolonged.
I just want a nap, is all.

And maybe to wake up in Bhutan.

But I'll probably get sent somewhere dumb... I just hope its not to DC.

Wu Wei

Retirement to Mrs Wu means working 2 or 3 days a week