• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The latest from the Religion of Peace- Muslim College Students

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Yes I'm familiar with it Lo Trobador, and even during these times, science and philosophy were advancing, as that began during the Renniscience, brought about by the Reformation

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Badran well that's good. How are women treated in Egypt? Badran I hope you realize I'm not trying to offend you, but these guys are slamming me just for asking you questions. I appreciate your opinion on everything. They act like I'm supposed to treat Islam differently then I treat other religions. I question other religions with the same fervor, and I criticize other religions when they do things I think are wrong.

I'm not offended, because i think (Even though you seem against Islam), that your intentions are good.

Women in Egypt mostly are treated let's say nice. Not like the more free countries, but in some parts of Egypt especially in the big cities they are almost treated great. The advancement in their rights are looking good and right now they can do pretty much anything they want. There is some problems left of course. But mostly because of social problems, not mainly legal or government problems.

However, in other parts of Egypt especially in the south that is not the case.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Badran I'm not against Islam, I'm against extremism.

Yes sure i know, but i think it at least looks that way. I'm telling you this, so you can understand why others criticize you on this issue. It sure seems that you are against Islam.

For the Question about the government rights, perhaps you could make another thread talking maybe about women's rights in egypt or something, and i'll be happy to answer you there, and may be you could get answers from others as well.

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
Yes I'm familiar with it Lo Trobador, and even during these times, science and philosophy were advancing, as that began during the Renniscience, brought about by the Reformation

You're obviously not that familiar with it, as most of the science came from the Middle East not Europe - algebra, medicine, astronomy....

LoTrobador

Yes I'm familiar with it Lo Trobador,

Then I believe you are familiar with the Hussite Wars, German Peasants' Wars, Thirty Years War, Wars of Kappel, English Civil War and the French Wars of Religion? With witch trials? With Geneva in Calvin's time? With anti-Catholicism during the English Reformation?

and even during these times, science and philosophy were advancing, as that began during the Renniscience, brought about by the Reformation

Are you also familiar with the intellectual history of Middle Ages? With High Middle Ages? With Luther's view of reason? With Renaissance humanism? With Classical inspirations? With the continuity thesis?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Badran I would make another thread, but I'm really really tired of getting accused of hating Islam, so I am not making any more threads about it for awhile.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
Perfect Circle that's what people called it when Europe was Christian prior to the Reformation and Age of Enlightenment. Why is it okay to use it in one case, but not another? I am so tired of this political correctness garbage and coddling Muslims.

I don't understand why you got defensive when I asked when Louisiana was going to come out of the dark ages then. I live less than 2 hours away. I've been there several times. There are lots of crappy places there, just like there are all over the world. If I based my opinion of that entire state off of media reports of those crappy places, I would probably have a pretty skewed view of it.. don't you think? You think maybe you're doing the same thing to them?