• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mistranslation Argument

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The kingdom of heaven is within you is how it was originally translated.
Now it says among you or in your midst.

The kingdom is to be found within.
Know thyself
I think inside you means to let your mind be made over for Christ.

The same word has been recorded at Matthew 23:26.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To the people who can not doubt that their way is the only right way, who have drawn their conclusion for such an opinion from the Bible, please take to heart this one (from the same Bible), 1 Peter 5:5-6

Young's Literal Translation
In like manner, ye younger, be subject to elders, and all to one another subjecting yourselves; with humble-mindedness clothe yourselves, because God the proud doth resist, but to the humble He doth give grace; be humbled, then, under the powerful hand of God, that you He may exalt in good time,

Younger ones ie new ones (that is us) subject yourselves to the older ones (the ones writing what you obey). The elders are they who heard what you read. If you think you know just what they meant, you are putting yourself abreast of them which is NOT HUMBLE.

proud; Strong's 5244

From huper and phaino; appearing above others (conspicuous), i.e. (figuratively) haughty -- proud.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That makes no sense.

The know thyself mantra of the ancients is clear.
I do not disagree with you. I am adding substance. Know yourself, but in association with Heaven.
Many people know themselves in association with this world. What good is it doing, in your opinion?

allfoak

Alchemist
You would know whether or not I am ready to hear what I am (because you know).

Empathy is the secret.
Practice empathy if you want to know.

Being female you would probably do well to work on your reasoning ability.
Intuition comes natural to women but logic does not.
Men are the opposite.

If you want to know who you are use others to find out through the use of empathy.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Empathy is the secret.

Men are the opposite.

If you want to know who you are use others to find out through the use of empathy.
I think I know that. You said you could know me by what I write so is it not fair to ask you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ask me what? LOL I think I am sorely reading the future in that last post of mine. haha

Might I get a straight answer to my question?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Empathy is the secret.

Men are the opposite.

In your opinion @allfoak can knowing how others know me help to know if what I know about myself is real or imagined?

allfoak

Alchemist
think I know that. You said you could know me by what I write so is it not fair to ask you?
I'm not sure what you are asking.
You asked me if i knew if Hitler knew himself.
Are you asking me to make that judgment about you?

When i say that i know myself, what i am saying is that i am connected to my source.
I know my own soul.
Although i do not know my soul's name yet.

If i were to judge whether you even know that you have a soul that is separate from you and that you can talk to your soul, i would have to say that your knowledge is very limited.
It is something you think about occasionally but don't really know how to approach the subject because of all of the confusion surrounding it.

allfoak

Alchemist
In your opinion @allfoak can knowing how others know me help to know if what I know about myself is real or imagined?
The last thing you need is the opinions of others to determine who you are.
Whatever is happening in our lives in the moment is our teacher.
Rely on your own intuition to learn about yourself, not the opinion of others.