• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mistranslation Argument

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you are asking.
You asked me if i knew if Hitler knew himself.
Are you asking me to make that judgment about you?

When i say that i know myself, what i am saying is that i am connected to my source.
I know my own soul.
Although i do not know my soul's name yet.

If i were to judge whether you even know that you have a soul that is separate from you and that you can talk to your soul, i would have to say that your knowledge is very limited.
It is something you think about occasionally but don't really know how to approach the subject because of all of the confusion surrounding it.
I do not think it is because "of all of the confusion surrounding it." that I might not really know how to approach the subject". I wonder how you think you know what I don't know? LOL

Did you not say that by a person's habit of writing you can know her?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The last thing you need is the opinions of others to determine who you are.
Whatever is happening in our lives in the moment is our teacher.
Rely on your own intuition to learn about yourself, not the opinion of others.
I agree with you. Did you think I didn't?

omega2xx

Whether the ends are good is debatable, but we're still talking about evil means.

If your god is the cause of suffering, and if he did this wilfully, then your god is evil.

That depends on His motive. If it is so His people will leave their idols and return to Him, that is a good thing.

omega2xx

I do not think you do accept what was written

Yoou have read enougfh of my post to know better than that.

and has morphed into "the Bible".

What have I morphed into the Bible? Be specific.

"The Bible says" is many things and each person or fundamental group accepts the same scripture says different things. It is probably why it is written.......Psalms 146:3 and Proverbs 3:5

Her is my starting point-- 2 Time 3:16. If it is the Bible, was inspired by God, not man.

:D And how do I accept Psalms 146:3 means what it says? God told me. I think that God does not speak to you or you hear only what you believe the Bible says.[/QUOTE]

Did the one who told you have on a red suit and have pitchfork in his hand:D?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That depends on His motive. If it is so His people will leave their idols and return to Him, that is a good thing.
If God is all-powerful, then God's motive was to inflict suffering, period.

An all-powerful god could have gotten his people to leave their idols without making them suffer, so the addition of suffering would have to be because God expressly wanted the suffering for its own sake.

There's no such thing as unintended side effects for an all-powerful being.

omega2xx

An all-powerful god could have gotten his people to leave their idols without making them suffer, so the addition of suffering would have to be because God expressly wanted the suffering for its own sake.

There's no such thing as unintended side effects for an all-powerful being.

allfoak

Alchemist
Do you think you know Hebrew better than the scholars who translate the Bible? Get 5 good translations and see how that verse is translated.

I just asked.
All knowledge comes from within.

The translators are not reliable.

Jeremiah 8:8
New International Version
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

Isaiah 45:7
American King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

American Standard Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Young's Literal Translation
Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'

Shall i continue?
There are dozens.

omega2xx

Your post doesn't have any content. It's just a quote of my post.

Not thought, knew. This is not my first dance with skeptics. Let me warn you, I will probably step on your toes many times before the music stops.

Haste makes waste. I must have hit the wrong button. If I can find that post, i will try again.

omega2xx

Of course, but we need to determine His motive. It was ALWAYS to bring His people back to Him. That is ALWAYS a good thing.

And take away thei free will? Shame on you for suggesting such a thing. God doesn't want robots, they can love.

]There's no such thing as unintended side effects for an all-powerful being.

That's right. The intended result is for God's people to return to Him. That is what benefits believers the most.

Do you really think there is any benefit in worshiping and trusting that which is not God?