• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The name of our creator is ALLAH

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
May God make you a superveiled muslimah,
Whether my post is a question or an introduction but you guys really made it a debate now how can you deny it.

You're in the debates forum.

Welcome btw.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No thanks. The idea of submiting myself to anyone doesn't appeal to me that much.
Also, I view Inanna as one of the creators, and the one responsible for life

Mike182

Flaming Queer
welcome to the forums niceman.

this OP seems a lot more like a statement of faith than anything else. which is fine, have your faith, and i shall have mine, but you have no objective evidence to prove that God (in what ever context of belief) even exists.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
dear jay,
Whether you read the name Allah backwards or straight in both cases the sound comes out the same it does not change into another word. Did you understand now?
Aaah ... now I understand: the Zen of appealing to (and finding appealing) a name that doesn't know if it's coming or going. Welcome to the forums!

niceman20

Slave of Allah
A name is just a name. It doesn't change or define what anyone truly is.

Is it in the Koran that Mohammad (PBUH) is the last messenger and the Koran is the last and final of all the religious books or is this idea promoted by the Mullahs?
yes dear ofcourse, its very clearly stated in the Quran that Muhammad(PBUH) is the last and final messenger of Allah and the Holy Quran is the Last book of Allah revealed upon Muhammad.
If you still don't believe me then search the internet for Islamic sites or try to find and read the translation of the Holy Quran, or else ask an Islamic Scholar

McBell

Admiral Obvious
yes dear ofcourse, its very clearly stated in the Quran that Muhammad(PBUH) is the last and final messenger of Allah and the Holy Quran is the Last book of Allah revealed upon Muhammad.
If you still don't believe me then search the internet for Islamic sites or try to find and read the translation of the Holy Quran, or else ask an Islamic Scholar
Perhaps you can give the address for the verse(s)?
Then those of use with a copy of The Qur'an Translation can look it up.

Truth_Faith13

Dear ChristineES,
What ever name you choose to call upon God but the one and only name which God has himself chosen is Allah. In the Holy Quran he himself says his name is Allah.
The name Allah also has many miracles.

Sorry if someone has already said this but doesnt Allah mean God? Which is a title and not his name! For we shouldnt refer to him with his name as it is disrespectfull

Truth_Faith13

Welcome niceman20. This thread does not pose a question so much as it is an introduction. Is there something you would like to discuss or debate?

I think its with the hotheaded ones we pounce (no offence). I like to see people who are very dedicated to their faith and stand by what they mean. However its always nice to have some gentle posts firsts to introduce oneself and just go with the flow, before you tell us we are wrong....:D

Firstly welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy your stay! Secondly, we know that the Quran says Muhammad was the final prophet, we wont argue that. The thing is not all of us believe the Quran.

Truth_Faith13

dear jay,
Whether you read the name Allah backwards or straight in both cases the sound comes out the same it does not change into another word.
Did you understand now?

Does it? It doesnt to me - Backwards is Halla - the H would make the word sound a lot different! Its like Anna and Hannah - those two sound the same without the H, but put the H there and they are different!

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

In fact, God has MANY names and titles, in many languages, and any of these are equally acceptable!

Just a few of these names (in various languages) are: God, Boge, Jehovah, Yahwel, Dieu, Wankantanka, Gott, Bog, Allah, Dios, and Pavardegar.

And ANY of these are just fine! :)

Best,

Bruce

Truth_Faith13

Greetings!

In fact, God has MANY names and titles, in many languages, and any of these are equally acceptable!

Just a few of these names (in various languages) are: God, Boge, Jehovah, Yahwel, Dieu, Wankantanka, Gott, Bog, Allah, Dios, and Pavardegar.

And ANY of these are just fine! :)

Best,

Bruce

But isnt Jehovah and name and God a title? So wouldnt they infact be different! I agree with the point you are making though - Its the same God called by different names. :)

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Niceman I am going to give you some advice. When you introduce yourself on the forum like so, you will get a whole lot of opposition. Many people here are not muslims and not even christian for that matter. There are alot of atheists, agnotics, and pagans here on the forums. So it is best not to a) try to convince people Islam is correct through a post, b) introduce it as though they don't know what it is.

I know it's a bit odd to you, but there are enough muslims on this forum that I suggest you get to know. Also I suggest you take a look around the forums and get the feel of it so to speak in order to find th best approach for a thread if you want to debate something. The OP (original post) isn't really debatable as you have only stated what we believe as muslims. Do you understand what I mean? There is a section on these forums specifically for muslims to discuss their own faith.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=11

That is the link to the Islam forums. Relax, take a look around there is no rush to post a thread. I strongly suggest you read a few threads without posting anything just to get a feel for the population here and what type of people you have around you.

Your Sis, FVM

Truth_Faith13

Niceman I am going to give you some advice. When you introduce yourself on the forum like so, you will get a whole lot of opposition. Many people here are not muslims and not even christian for that matter. There are alot of atheists, agnotics, and pagans here on the forums. So it is best not to a) try to convince people Islam is correct through a post, b) introduce it as though they don't know what it is.

I know it's a bit odd to you, but there are enough muslims on this forum that I suggest you get to know. Also I suggest you take a look around the forums and get the feel of it so to speak in order to find th best approach for a thread if you want to debate something. The OP (original post) isn't really debatable as you have only stated what we believe as muslims. Do you understand what I mean? There is a section on these forums specifically for muslims to discuss their own faith.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=11

That is the link to the Islam forums. Relax, take a look around there is no rush to post a thread. I strongly suggest you read a few threads without posting anything just to get a feel for the population here and what type of people you have around you.

Your Sis, FVM

Thats very good advice FVM!

Niceman - listen to FVM here and you wont go far wrong! :D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your god called by those who cannot speak?

But what should I call you?
That part's still unclear.
"You don't have to call me,
I'm allready here"

I forget who wrote that.

What kind of miracle are you talking about?
you're asking a stupid question to be honest. Is there way for humans to find out what they "call" him?

It's not a stupid question at all. Personally I would think God probably has more meaninful conversations with people who can't speak than those who don't know when to hold their tongues.
icon14.gif

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Two things I need to say :
God's name means "I am that I am" and popeye said "I yam what I yam" they are similar but not the same. :)
2. Although I don't agree with you, niceman I do respect your beliefs.