• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hehee, I feel so badly when I do things like that. My ADD tends to act up, so I wind up 'wandering off' when I'm really wanting to thank someone. :( Sorry about the delay!

BFD_Zayl

FeathersinHair said:
Hehee, I feel so badly when I do things like that. My ADD tends to act up, so I wind up 'wandering off' when I'm really wanting to thank someone. :( Sorry about the delay!
trust me...i know all about ADD..wanna go ride bikes?

Draka

Wonder Woman
So Feathers, I might be a little out of the loop here, but ...you're writing a book of prayers and devotionals? That's cool! I've often considered writing a Book of Moonlight to go along with my BOS and my Mirror Book. Goodness knows I haven't written in my Mirror Book in quite sometime...shame on me :eek: . I really should sit down and devote a chunk of time everyday to my studies and my writings. In fact...I'm setting aside time right now to do that. Now if I only keep to that it will be shocking:eek: :D .

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Yes , good for you Feathers . I hate writing , but should do more of it ... :(
Come to think about it , I have a thread that I have been meaning to get back to .....

And good for you Draka . :) Best wishes on all of that . { school stuff }

BFD_Zayl

i seem to have apathy when it comes to writing, im hoping to compile all of my notes into a book, titled "A newcomers look into necromancy" it will start off simple, with plenty of disclaimers and such, basics, etc, by the end it will be rather advanced (i hope) at the rate im gathering info and learning i have....5 years before i start writing it..whoo hoo!!

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) Well , enjoy the journey Zayl . We start out on a Path of Discovery , and no one ever knows where that Path will lead ... so we may as well enjoy it eh ?

BFD_Zayl

kreeden said:
:) Well , enjoy the journey Zayl . We start out on a Path of Discovery , and no one ever knows where that Path will lead ... so we may as well enjoy it eh ?
you betcha, im sure i will have many interesting experiences along the way.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Draka said:
So Feathers, I might be a little out of the loop here, but ...you're writing a book of prayers and devotionals? That's cool! I've often considered writing a Book of Moonlight to go along with my BOS and my Mirror Book. Goodness knows I haven't written in my Mirror Book in quite sometime...shame on me :eek: . I really should sit down and devote a chunk of time everyday to my studies and my writings. In fact...I'm setting aside time right now to do that. Now if I only keep to that it will be shocking:eek: :D .

Hehee, I know the feeling! While there may be something technically called a Book of Moonlight, I didn't know that when I chose the name- it's interesting, though, that that seems to be exactly what I'm writing.

I'm new to the names- if I may ask, what's a Mirror Book? I know you'll write spectacular things!

turk179

I smell something....
Wow. Lots of pagans in a room talking:D . Hmmm? It seems like I have been here before, many moons ago. Wait! Is that a shiny bike?

Hey all. I'm going to college. Being the age that I am, I keep thinking, why didn't I do this when I graduated from high school. But, as the saying goes.....better late than never.

turk179

I smell something....
BFD_Zayl said:
is it just me, or has almost everyone change their avatars? was this planned or something? lol
I don't remember if you were on the forums while I was using this one. If you were then maybe this will help:D.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Most of the avvies have been changed because people are participating in the "Buffy" thread and are echoeing that in their avvies.

What are you going to school for, Turk?

Circle_One

FeathersinHair said:
Most of the avvies have been changed because people are participating in the "Buffy" thread and are echoeing that in their avvies.

What are you going to school for, Turk?

Mine, for example :D

Congratulations on going back to school Turk! That's quite admirable!

Speaking of school, I'm going back too... kinda. I've recently decided to enroll in a distance learning course on Forensic Sciences! I can't wait to start. The course outline makes it seem like the program is going to be sooooo difficult and challenging. I'm so excited! :D

Yep. It's been pointed out many a time that I'm a nerd. Don't worry.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
You mean you're not supposed to be excited at something that's difficult and challenges you to think?! (If that makes me a nerd, I'll embrace it!)

You, Tim, Draka, Mike and me... is this Pagans Pillage the Schools Month?

Circle_One

FeathersinHair said:
You mean you're not supposed to be excited at something that's difficult and challenges you to think?! (If that makes me a nerd, I'll embrace it!)

Wooooo! Nerds unite!!

I dunno. Most people don't like school and when they do, they want it to be easy, no? I've always been considered a big nerd because of my love for it. I embrace the title happily too!

You, Tim, Draka, Mike and me... is this Pagans Pillage the Schools Month?

Ohhh! Go us!! What is everyone else taking?

Draka

Wonder Woman
FeathersinHair said:
Hehee, I know the feeling! While there may be something technically called a Book of Moonlight, I didn't know that when I chose the name- it's interesting, though, that that seems to be exactly what I'm writing.

I'm new to the names- if I may ask, what's a Mirror Book? I know you'll write spectacular things!

A Mirror Book is a spiritual diary of sorts. It's a journal where you track rituals, spells, relevations, divinations, tarot readings, just about anything that you find spiritually important that you are experiencing. It's not a day-to-day regular diary. It's only for religious purposes. This way it allows you to track your progress and the changes in your abilities and experiences.

A Book of Moonlight is most often referred to as a book containing prayers and devotionals. Where you might write your daily prayers, from waking in the morning, commuting, to dinner prayer.

Circle One said:
Ohhh! Go us!! What is everyone else taking?

I'm trying to finish up my last two years of my Bachelors. Bachelors of Science in Business - Marketing. Tim is going for the Information Technology field and pursuing his Bachelors in Software Programming.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm glad to have your knowledge! I picked "Moonlight" because that's... well, it's my favorite type of light. I didn't realize that it referred to a specific type of book. Maybe I should change the name of mine, then. *ponders this*

Right now, I'm taking "Microbes and Society" and "Survey of Mathematics". (I'd be going full time, but finances are kind of iffy at the moment.) In order to finish up my AA, I'll be taking a college level math class (Nooooooooo!) and one elective next semester, before (hopefully) transferring to a four year college, probably something in a field that will allow me to pursue librarian-ship.

Actually, it's funny that that came up because I'm debating whether or not I should enroll in the two-year school version of the honor's society. It's supposed to be helpful on resumes and the like, but I guess I've really ever worked a job where they bother looking at anything beyond the basic requirements to do the work. Should I still go with it?

Draka

Wonder Woman
FeathersinHair said:
I'm glad to have your knowledge! I picked "Moonlight" because that's... well, it's my favorite type of light. I didn't realize that it referred to a specific type of book. Maybe I should change the name of mine, then. *ponders this*

Ahh...name it whatever you like. If it suits you and your writings then go with it.

And if it's the invitation-only society that I'm thinking it is, then I was invited all the time and never joined. I found that most people have never heard of it anyway. Would sound weird having to explain it to an employer. Might think you made it up. Four year degrees and societies are more well-known and more appreciated by employers anyway.