• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

SquareC

AH!!! *smacks head*

I've always liked sandalwood. I never went in for combinations, just dabbled a bit with basic oils, oinments and incenses. If I remember right, wormwood oinment is good for bruises. Ah, yeah and other uses, hehe......

Draka

Wonder Woman
I've never even made any oils or incense before. I've never even tried to dabble in "wormwood incense" either for that matter. None of that has really been my thing.

SquareC

Draka said:
I've never even made any oils or incense before. I've never even tried to dabble in "wormwood incense" either for that matter. None of that has really been my thing.

I've never tried "wormwood incense" myself. I experimented with oils and incenses for a while and then got too busy. It takes time that I haven't got, between husband, child and pets. I have no idea how I did it back when I worked too.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hiya SquareC and welcome . :)

I kinda played around a bit with oils and incenses , years ago . But it was more of an excuse to get to know the local plants . I liked to harvest my own . There was a time when I would go out and harvest wild parsnip and eat it . Now I would be as likely to harvest water hemlock .... well , I wouldn't want to take the chance . :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*pours hot chocolate for everyone and reaches in a nearby cupboard to bring out the scones*

Thought about you today, Kreeden. The main road out from my house is periodically blocked by a train (don't worry, there's a train track), so I'm forced to take longer routes home sometimes. On one of them, today, I came across an old farmhouse where ducks, peacocks and uncaged chickens were roaming, and then- a house or two down from there- someone is raising elk, too. I was enjoying all the colors and the movement of the wildlife, and thought that if anyone could truly capture it, it'd be Kreeden and his trusty camera. :)

SquareC, if you'd like, you can choose a direction to sit in. (Well, virtually.) I sort of picture us having this big round table in the middle of the room and there being as many places to sit as there are people with us.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hey thank you Feathers . :) I have been meaning to comment on your picture of your little masked friends . I have to admit that I am sooo envious . I grew up with " Little Bear " , but haven't seen one in ... 30 years ? They don't live here . Not sure if it is because of the mountains , or that I'm too far north ?

BTW , watch out for your cat . Raccoons and cats do not get along . And if you are feeling a little impish sometime ... give a raccoon a sugar cube .... :) But make sure that there is water near . Oh , and you will likely want another tread for the poor little guy . They do look so pitiful looking at their empty little paws .... I'm bad . lol

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! Those paws are insufferably cute. I'm not sure if I could handle empty ones!

Strangely, the raccoon has been nothing other than companionable to the cats and kittens outside. (The kittens have been tamed and brought in to the local shelter so that they wouldn't go feral.) The raccoon, who I've nicknamed "Horace" after a rather mobile cheese in the latest Terry Pratchett novel, bustles up to the porch and the cats simply stare at him in the wide-eyed amazed look that they tend to get. Not sure if it's true, but I've heard that city raccoons have discovered that cats can't get into garbage cans and- according to residents- have been seen teaching cats to get into them. (Not sure if they demonstrate how to do it or if they put on spectacles and give lectures, hehee!)

Actually, I've got some new photos- I'll have to remember to post 'em!

SquareC

There were raccoons at the camp we stayed at on our honeymoon....they were so cute and soooo smart. They would pose for pictures. The ranger swore they sent them to college. They knew all about ice chests as well as trash cans.

BFD_Zayl

FeathersinHair said:
I'm afraid that incense might not have been his goal. I think he was being polite and following the 'terms of service' of the site and was trying to find a good way of phrasing it. (Which I respect him for.)

Do you have a favorite essential oil? I made a few in my massage therapy training days, and really enjoy the combinations that people think of!
actually i was makin incense and was tellin the truth (i know its a shocker) lol, i think the best thing to do with wormwood is to sprinkle it over hot coals.

Draka

Wonder Woman
A little shameless announcement here: I have created a sign up thread for anyone interested in another mafia game. Usual sub-forum.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Animals will get use to one another Feathers . And I am glad that your friends get along . But do keep an eye on them eh . :)

Zayl , I have always been a little lazy when it came to the actual making of incense { plus lacking in skill } , so that is what I usually did . { now that the truth is out , I will slink back to my dark , dark corner .... }

SquareC

kreeden said:
Animals will get use to one another Feathers . And I am glad that your friends get along . But do keep an eye on them eh . :)

Zayl , I have always been a little lazy when it came to the actual making of incense { plus lacking in skill } , so that is what I usually did . { now that the truth is out , I will slink back to my dark , dark corner .... }

I wish my dog would get used to my cat.....then again, I also wish the cat would quit baiting the dog. At least my sugar glider doesn't give me territorial issues outside her cage! :D

One reason I gave up making the incenses and oils was that it was too much effort, and I had too little time. You know how it is.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) Yes , I think that your dog would have a much easier time getting use to your cat SquareC , if she { ? } stopped teasing him . :) But what I didn't want to say to Feathers was that if the raccoons are well fed .... But actually I think that again , it is the cats that tend to put up more of a fuss ? Don't get me wrong , I like cats . But sometimes they do seem to push those nine lives ... ;)

Draka

Wonder Woman
kreeden said:
Don't get me wrong , I like cats . But sometimes they do seem to push those nine lives ... ;)

Sometimes? My cats push them everyday. Well, the little one the most. She's not spayed yet and she is just hell. Sometimes takes all my willpower not to just pick her up and toss her out the house for a while. But then she'd just get knocked up. Heck, I've yelled at her three times since I started typing this. She's into everything she can fit herself into I swear! Including the underneath of my bed! She's effectively ripped the bottom fabric from underneath the boxsprings and gets up in the boxsprings all the time. Not too mention the fact that we near have to invest in SuperGlue considering all the things she's broken. I don't know how many of my unicorn and dragon statues have been glued back together, but it's too many! She ticks me off to no end! Her only salvation is that she's cute...and that's pushin' it.;)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
lol Sounds like quite the kitten Draka . :) I had a couple of kittens who figured out how to get up under { and into } an armchair and hide .... took me weeks to find their hiding place .

I like dogs too Mike . But there is no comparsion between dogs and cats really . Like they say , it is like comparing apples and oranges .

SquareC

I'm not a dog person or a cat person, just an animal person. I love them both, but they are both male and I think it's a territorial issue in there somewhere, plus the dog doesn't like cats anyway and is only grudgingly understanding that this cat is different. :rolleyes:

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) I'm sure that if cats could fly , they would be Ravens .

There are a couple of wild kittens at work , and they remind me so much of the Ravens . Or should that be the Ravens remind me of cats ? A little of each I guess . :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I remember seeing a documentary on Animal Planet of unusual animal friends. One of them was about an abandonded/orphaned kitten and how it was adopted by a raven, who taught it to forage and brought it food. The kitten was soon adopted by the people who were observing this behaviour, but even as a full grown cat, it played with its friend Raven. (Very gently, thankfully!)