• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Qur'aan Cosmological Model: A delineation of the Origin, Evolution and End of the Universe

al-amiyr

continued from post #1
[FONT=&quot]That ends the two quoted articles I wrote about the Qur’aan Cosmological Model just over twenty years ago. If I had written it today I would probably have written it a little different. Nevertheless it serves its purpose here as an introduction to what the Qur’aan Cosmological Model is.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] So in more detail, what is the Qur’aan Cosmological Model?

[/FONT] The Qur’aan Cosmological model is a mathematical and graphical presentation of the origin, evolution, and ultimate fate of the universe as it is contained in just two verses of the Qur’aan. These two verses provide us with the key words that describe the general evolution of the universe.
Kh alqan = Tayyan +Ratqan +Fatqan +2Tayyan +2Ratqan +2Fatqan.
C reation = Turn in +Rotate + Fire out +2Turn in +2Rotate +2Fire out.
The initial letters of these key words produce the following algorithmic compression;
Kh = T +R +F +2T +2R +2F
Arabic is a language based on what we call root letters. From these root letters the entire language is built up. They are all consonants which are formed into patterns of two’s three’s or four’s. The Arabic language has 28 consonants and a special letter we call laam ‘alif. There are also only three vowels and vowel signs in the language which can be either short or long and when used are written either above or below the consonants to produce the words and in this case the root letters which are all verbs in the third person past tense. Don’t worry about all the details at this stage because they will all be wonderfully and easily explained further on and then everything will be easily understood.
It will be seen that when we run the Qur’aanic cosmological algorithmic compression
Kh = T +R +F +2T +2R +2F
through the fundamental structure of the Arabic language then we witness a magnificent display of verbs, nouns, and adjectives that go back to describe each and every phase of the universe at its exact time and place in great detail. We are presented without exaggeration hundreds of beautiful drawings of the phases the universe undergoes from its cosmological origin, through its cosmological evolution, and until its eventual cosmological fate. And upon that we also see the derivation of many simple and logical abbreviations that precisely describe each and every phase of the universe. And then further beyond that we realize and see how the actions of the universe drive life into the dead and empty of meaning fundamental building blocks of the language- which are all the fundamental verbal patterns from which are derived the words of the language.
That in a nutshell is the Qur’aan Cosmological Model. We can go into great detail inshaa allaah.

Lets get on with the real knowledge. This is The Qur'aan Cosmological Model. Next I am putting The two verses of the Qur'aan Associated with this model. I am going to explain each point for full comprehension.
QCMfig001.png

Kerr

continued from post #1

Lets get on with the real knowledge. This is The Qur'aan Cosmological Model. Next I am putting The two verses of the Qur'aan Associated with this model. I am going to explain each point for full comprehension.
QCMfig001.png
Does the quran say that the universe is cyclic?

al-amiyr

Does the quran say that the universe is cyclic?

What the Qur'aan says is that the universe is going to be in run away expansion and somewhere beyond that ALLAAH (God) will intervene and then bring it back again.It is cyclic because it was brought back and not cyclic because of its own nature. We can derive any piece of information about the universe from the Qur'aan Cosmological Model in all its details. The Qur'aan Cosmological Model contains a great amount of information about what happened at the big bang and before. I am going to present all of that with their mathematical drawings.

Kerr

What the Qur'aan says is that the universe is going to be in run away expansion and somewhere beyond that ALLAAH (God) will intervene and then bring it back again.It is cyclic because it was brought back and not cyclic because of its own nature. We can derive any piece of information about the universe from the Qur'aan Cosmological Model in all its details. The Qur'aan Cosmological Model contains a great amount of information about what happened at the big bang and before. I am going to present all of that with their mathematical drawings.
I am not entierly sure what you mean, since you give two different answers. Do you mean that there was a universe before ours that collapsed and then expanded into ours? And that this one will collapse and then expand into a new universe?

al-amiyr

I am not entierly sure what you mean, since you give two different answers. Do you mean that there was a universe before ours that collapsed and then expanded into ours? And that this one will collapse and then expand into a new universe?
That is correct.

Kerr

That is correct.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Didnt know Islam had room for the idea of a cyclic universe, so I learned something new today :).

To be honest I dont believe that the quran holds any actual scientific data about the universe. Seems a little far fetched to me.

al-amiyr

The current data tells a different story. Looks like winter is coming.

What does it say?

I just hope that you could have read what I said earlier. Look at the quote above. I repeat it here again.
What the Qur'aan says is that the universe is going to be in run away expansion and somewhere beyond that ALLAAH (God) will intervene and then bring it back again.It is cyclic because it was brought back and not cyclic because of its own nature.

I said the Qur'aan says that the universe is going to be in a run away expansion. That is what the Qur'aan says and that is also the present observations.I have spoken about it almost twenty years ago and it is on record. I have given over 200 lectures on the subject during that period. I continued "and somewhere beyond that ALLAAH (God) will intervene and then bring it back again. It will not return because of its own gravitational attraction but because it will be stopped brought back. Therein is a very big difference.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I just hope that you could have read what I said earlier. Look at the quote above. I repeat it here again.

I said the Qur'aan says that the universe is going to be in a run away expansion. That is what the Qur'aan says and that is also the present observations.I have spoken about it almost twenty years ago and it is on record. I have given over 200 lectures on the subject during that period. I continued "and somewhere beyond that ALLAAH (God) will intervene and then bring it back again. It will not return because of its own gravitational attraction but because it will be stopped brought back. Therein is a very big difference.
My only question is why? Why is God necessary for the model? Why would God care to reset the universe endlessly? Doesn't he have anything better to do?

al-amiyr

My only question is why? Why is God necessary for the model? Why would God care to reset the universe endlessly? Doesn't he have anything better to do?
That is a good question to ask but the better question to ask is this, "How is it possible that such questions like that in modern cosmology can be explained in the Qur'aan. If it is so then should it not at least be investigated. But if minds have been made up already as to God's existence then therein lies the problem.
The prophet (S+) said "God has bestowed upon me jawaami"-ul-kalim i.e. condensed speech, a great many detailed information contained in few words. In other words algorithmic compressions.The Qur'aan is built upon it and those who have the understanding know how to extract it just like E= MC/2.

al-amiyr

So far it has not, except in hindsight.
Not correct we have many translations of the Qur'aan that goes way back explaning the same thing. And there are hundreds of dictionaries of the Arabic language that go back to over a thousand years that explain the verses of the Qur'aan as well. But here we are only dealing with two verses that explains an enormity.

Look at these quotations from non Muslim historians.
The Qur’aan, Islaam, Muslims and the study of Astronomy and Cosmology
“It was, indeed, the Arabs who were responsible for the re-birth of astronomy.” (Page 39)
Patrick Moore​
Watches of the Stars (1973)​
Chapter 2 - The Questioners​
“The Moslems looked upon astronomy as the noblest, most exalted and the most beautiful (al-Battani) of sciences, if only because the study of the stars was an indispensable aid to religious observance. They helped to determine the month of Ramadan, the hours of prayer and the orientation of mosques towards Mecca. Moreover, the Koran enjoined the faithful to contemplate the glory of God in the construction of His universe.” (Page 409)
A General History of The Sciences​
Ancient and Medieval Science​
Part 111 Chapter 2​
“Islamic astronomy was not fettered by the restrictions that a rigid - and erroneous – interpretation of the Bible imposed upon Western astronomers. Conversely the Qur’an, the sacred book of Islam that was supposedly revealed to Muhammad by Allah, seemed to encourage a study of astronomy.”
Gerald E. Tauber​
Man’s view of the Universe (1979)​
“Turning first to the question of the figure of the earth, we find a remarkable contrast between Europe and Asia. In the world under Islam there was an entire absence of that hostility to science which distinguished Europe during the first half of the Middle ages.” (Page 249)
J.L.E Dreyer​
A History of Astronomy from Thales to Kepler (1906)​
Chapter XI – Oriental astronomers​
“The Universe: In order to proof the unity of God, the Qur’aan lays frequent stress on the design and order in the universe.” (Page 913)
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1979)​
Vol.9 15th Edition​
“- the Koran enjoined them to study the sky and the earth to find proofs of their faith.” (Page 385)
A General History of The Sciences​
Ancient and Medieval Science​
Part 111 Chapter 2​

“Wonderful as is Allah’s material creation- and the Koran abounds in lyric descriptions of the majesties of heaven and earth.” (Page 233)
Huston Smith​
The Religions of Man (1958)​

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Does the Quran have any scientific studies in it? Is the Quran an academic journal?

If I claim something without evidence, can I really claim to be write once someone does the work?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Emphasis added.

So, this Quranic Model is not a scientific model, in other words -- since it inherently relies on a future, untestable miracle?

Curent cosmological data (and I am a cosmology grad student) indicates that the accelerated expansion of the universe will continue unabated; disallowing the possibility of a "Big Crunch." It would indeed take a miracle to turn it around -- but we can't make scientific propositions which equate to "and then a miracle happens."

Edit: Of course, whether or not a model is scientific has no bearing on whether or not it's true -- but it does have a lot of pertinence on what we have any business rationally believing (i.e. how much justification we have to accept a given notion).

Last edited:

al-amiyr

Emphasis added.

So, this Quranic Model is not a scientific model, in other words -- since it inherently relies on a future, untestable miracle?

Curent cosmological data (and I am a cosmology grad student) indicates that the accelerated expansion of the universe will continue unabated; disallowing the possibility of a "Big Crunch." It would indeed take a miracle to turn it around -- but we can't make scientific propositions which equate to "and then a miracle happens."

Edit: Of course, whether or not a model is scientific has no bearing on whether or not it's true -- but it does have a lot of pertinence on what we have any business rationally believing (i.e. how much justification we have to accept a given notion).
The Qur'aan has already stated what was only discovered recently.This is where science might have no answers but the Qur'aan Cosmological Model does. The whole of Modern Cosmology is but a fraction of what is contained in the Qur'aan. The Qur'aan has a higher cosmology called The Qur'aan Metacosmogonical Model and one higher than that called The Qur'aan Metacosmological Model and beyond that lies The Hidden Book.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The Qur'aan has already stated what was only discovered recently.This is where science might have no answers but the Qur'aan Cosmological Model does. The whole of Modern Cosmology is but a fraction of what is contained in the Qur'aan. The Qur'aan has a higher cosmology called The Qur'aan Metacosmogonical Model and one higher than that called The Qur'aan Metacosmological Model and beyond that lies The Hidden Book.
If I claim you will die in four days, and you actually do, can I honestly take credit for the truth of the prediction?

al-amiyr

If I claim you will die in four days, and you actually do, can I honestly take credit for the truth of the prediction?
It is not the same analogy. The Qur'aan makes definite statements. Not random statements. The only problem is you are afraid to investigate it yourself. That is how it appears or you do not know how to go about it.