• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
My wife and I have been getting up at 4:30 am and walking for a half hour.
We've been doing this for about a month, and this morning it actually felt pretty good.

Draka

Wonder Woman
In some places they call sodas coke. Not just Coke either, lol.

I know, that drives me nuts. When I was in TN I heard that. I remember trying to actually order a Coke once and the lady asking me what kind. I know I must have had a confused look on my face because I'd already said "medium" and I didn't say "diet" so I just repeated "just a medium Coke". And she kept pressing me asking "okay, but what kind?" I was lost. :areyoucra I stared at her. She exasperatingly started going off "Do you want Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Mello Yello, Coca Cola," I cut her off at the point I heard her say "Coca Cola" and said I wanted a "Coca Cola". She looked so frustrated with me. She had no clue. :sarcastic

Draka

Wonder Woman
I call my father a "*%$@&*ing %#^@#"!
That would be a terrible name for a fizzy drink.

Guess that would depend on what the syrup to carbonation ratio was. I know I've probably uttered the like after getting a bad fountain drink before and taking a good swig of it and getting my gag on. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yeah, well, you're from Indiana...'nuff said. :p You all can't even decide what time it is there.
Not according to Daniels, who said everyone will know what time we're on. Even though switching to DST made more time-zones, made it so the sun is still out after 9 PM during the summer (but left it so it would still be abit dark around 8 AM during the winter), and it was just stupid anyways because we were doing just fine without DST.
But for me, unless it's a cell phone or my computer, I never change my clocks. My computer and cell phone say 11:30 right now, but everything else, which is more correct, says 10:30.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I ate two bowls of rice today after doing some weight lifting for shoulders.

the first had some lentils and carrots and was eaten with a vegetables soup. The second was straight forwad just a bowl of rice :eek:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Just had two JW missionaries come to the door.
They were impressed with how much I knew about their teachings.

Then she saw my picture of Kālī Mā at the door.

"Who's that?"
"Hm?"
"That picture."
"That is Kālī Mā."
"Who is she?"
"She's the Hindu Goddess of Time and Dissolution."

We had an interesting discussion, she kept asking me of religion. She said she'll call again. :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
My toenail was cut out today.
I like how they wrapped it.:help:

I've lost toenails before, never by cutting though. Always by sheer pulling/ripping. :p Had a big toe nail ripped off when I was 14. Actually, it ripped off almost entirely but hung on by the cuticle. I cleaned up the nail bed and kept it clean as well as I could and figured the nail would fall off on its own (it did eventually). I didn't have the heart to just grab and rip the rest off, besides, it was fun to gross out my best friend by flipping my toe nail up and down at her. Yeah...sick sense of humor a little there I guess. :p I loved to see her little cringe and hear her little "ewwww" lol