• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Have the heart of a stone. You will survive without grief, regret or by depending on others.

Not true. Stone is hard but it's also brittle, so it can break if you hit it hard enough in the right place.

Sand, on the other hand, doesn't break no matter what you do with it, . . .
. . .unless you heat it up and it becomes glass, then it breaks like crazy.

OK, water then, no matter what you do to water, you can't break it . . .
. . . unless it gets too cold, then it becomes ice and that breaks pretty easy too.

Hmmm, . . .

Maybe the answer is to be lukewarm and granulated. :yes:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That's good. You're getting it. It happens all the time. You can't ever catch it. All you can do is try.

Good thing you have some trail mix bugs to keep you company while you contemplate that. :D

They're gone now. Except for the ones in my stomach, and I don't think they'd be very good company by now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Today I checked out artists for my tattoo and got some price estimates. One place I checked I have to check back tomorrow, another place the guy just said 300-400 and his portfolio wasn't exactly that great, and the last place I checked today the lady is gonna call me in two weeks to show me what she came up with and discuss a price and her portfolio had some wonderful shading and color blending in it. Tomorrow I have two places to check, and they're gonna have to really be good to impress me more than the lady tattooist.

Shadow Wolf

$300-400 USD for tattoos?

Didn't think they cost that much :)
This is a bit of a bigger one. Not actually a big tattoo by any means, but big enough that it won't be finished in one session. And yeah, they can get very expensive, especially with full sleeves and back pieces. I knew a girl who was getting a dragon wrapped around her body, with the head resting on her shoulder and the tail stopping at her ankle. Though she moved before I got to see it finished, she had already spent over $200 just for the outline and the head colored in.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Two places quoted me $200-250 for my tattoo. Since the 300-400 place had a much lower quality of art, that place has been eliminated as an option. Now I'm just waiting for the lady tattooist to draw up my tattoo to get a price from her.

Shadow Wolf

I checked my list of required readings for the fall semester, and one of my classes, interpretive literature, has Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as a reading! :D From what I've seen at that school, I may be the only one in class that doesn't get tripped up over the heavy drug use that was a strong part of the books making in trying to figure out a story that can only be understood to a point. I may also be one of the few/only one that doesn't get upset or offended over the drug use in the book. I just wonder if Hunter S. Thompson himself knew what parts of the story are real and which are fake?