• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I planted seedlings & grass seed yesterday, & today it's lightly raining.
Perfect!
This has been a great summer.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I'm having a debate with a pro-Monarchist, anti-LGBT, conservative Protestant from the Netherlands.

It's kinda entertaining, really.

Brinne

I'm having a debate with a pro-Monarchist, anti-LGBT, conservative Protestant from the Netherlands.

It's kinda entertaining, really.

Pro-monarchist? As in they want a full on monarchy or to retain the current constitutional monarchy system that Netherelands has?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
They claim coffee doesn't assist in sobriety. What they mean is they've never had my tar-ffee.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I need to dig a hole for some electrical work tomorrow.
I like digging holes. And it'll be an easy one cuz it's in sand.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It sucks when you decide you want a beer, and you start going down the road to the gas station, and suddenly you remember, that it's Sunday, and because this is Indiana, you cannot buy yourself a beer. It also sucks when you want to cook a dish that requires alcohol, only to find out you must cancel dinner plans because it's Sunday and Indiana has stupid alcohol laws.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Demmit. My tranny is broked down. I went to shift and it skipped. I'll have to take it apart later. Probably has a ferret stuck in it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Demmit. My tranny is broked down. I went to shift and it skipped. I'll have to take it apart later. Probably has a ferret stuck in it.
I had that happen once.
It turned out that I forgot to install the spring loaded detent upon reassembly!
Duh!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm starting the day with stomach cramps and bad gas. This should go well.
You aren't pregnant?

Anyway, I get to dig that hole to expose the conduit today!
220px-GroundskeeperWillie.png

Note:
Conduit is not like fondant, even though they sound similar.
Fondant doesn't taste as good.

Wirey

Fartist
Remember to put 50 mm (2 inches) of sand, lightly tamped, in the trench before you bury the conduit. This acts like a shock absorber during frost to keep the conduit from cracking (PVC). And if you're installing PVC, remember that during the fusing of the conduit, as you slide the pieces together, try to rotate them as well. This causes a uniform coat of the bonding agent, which is actually causing the surface of the PVC to melt and reform. This twist eliminates the possibility of water leakage should a straight cut have been introduced during the mating of the conduit and bell end. And be very careful near roadways and walkways. Follow the CEC (NEC for you Yankee doodles) guidelines for burial depth, and if possible place 100 mm (4 inches) of sand on top of the conduits, and cover with pressure treated planks where traffic is expected. If you use primer, wear gloves. And huffing the glue will cause things to appear more edible than they actually are.