• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
How many fingers am I holding up?

eleventeen

How about now?
th

Why yes, I can now see well..... but its a little fuzzy...especially around the front corner of the roof :)

Are you ill Wu Wei?

Cataracts... and they keep telling me I am too young to have them this bad..... I really wish they would stop saying that
Surgery a little over a week form today

Wirey

Fartist
If you want to have fun, just before the surgery yell "I can see the light!" and see how the doctor reacts.

Wu Wei

If you want to have fun, just before the surgery yell "I can see the light!" and see how the doctor reacts.

I think they expect that I might do that already ...so they are going to knock me out to shut me up

Draupadi

Cataracts... and they keep telling me I am too young to have them this bad..... I really wish they would stop saying that
Surgery a little over a week form today

Cataracts are horrible dilemma. My dad has become almost blind with it even after operation. It won't be long before he goes fully blind. I didn't want to scare you as it was the fault of the doctors. Have surgery as soon as possible and I hope it goes well.

Wu Wei

Cataracts are horrible dilemma. My dad has become almost blind with it even after operation. It won't be long before he goes fully blind. I didn't want to scare you as it was the fault of the doctors. Have surgery as soon as possible and I hope it goes well.

Not to worry; I have heard so many horror stories about this since the diagnosis I am becoming immune to them

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Many of these announcements are neither random, nor meaningless! Wake up, sheeple!
Here's something for random: If I start posting weird things later tonight you'll know the fine blending of taquila, vodka, rum, gin and triple sec have flooded my bloodstream, meshed with my head, and is lowering inhibition while simultaneously removing clothes.

Shadow Wolf

I got my violin out of storage, and a few strings on the bow broke.:( No big deal, because it was only a few in the countless number of strands of whatever.
And then, while tuning it, a string I wasn't even tuning broke.:sad4:
My bass houses my soul, my guitar is a fun and passionate fling, but my violin is a state of higher evolution, and when I reach out for it, I am denied.:sad:

Alt Thinker

Older than the hills
I got my violin out of storage, and a few strings on the bow broke.:( No big deal, because it was only a few in the countless number of strands of whatever.
My bass houses my soul, my guitar is a fun and passionate fling, but my violin is a state of higher evolution, and when I reach out for it, I am denied.:sad:

You are certainly not a second string player. :)

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

I want to start playing an instrument, but can't decide which. I was given a classical guitar by a friend, and my daughter has a full-sized cello (that she stopped playing in favor of the double bass).

I like them both, but I am constantly amazed at the depth of music that can come out of a single guitar. It truly amazes me.

Alt Thinker

Older than the hills
I want to start playing an instrument, but can't decide which. I was given a classical guitar by a friend, and my daughter has a full-sized cello (that she stopped playing in favor of the double bass).

I like them both, but I am constantly amazed at the depth of music that can come out of a single guitar. It truly amazes me.

Way back when I went with a girl who played a Harmony Concert guitar. This little bit of a thing holding this huge instrument that seemed to be bigger than her. But God could she play!

Me, I play the radio. I am pretty good at mastering technical skills but I learned long ago that there is no music in my head or heart. :sad4:

Shadow Wolf

You are certainly not a second string player. :)
No. My biggest issue when it comes to writing songs is it can't sound like regular pop ********. If I start to play something and I if can even remotely think of something else the song sounds like, I am playing crap! I can also solo on my bass, and free style on it, which pretty much means no second string crap here!

To decide, really the best thing is to rent an instrument. Don't waste money with cheap beginner instruments. Do your research, rent nothing less than decent instruments, and decide once you have had a chance to experiment. And once you decide to buy, buy nothing less than an intermediate instrument. Anything less is nothing more than an object shaped into that instrument, and you will not enjoy it as much and playing it will not be as pleasurable.

Wirey

Fartist
It was raining this morning, and it made me think of the time I had sex with those two girls from Norway. It was raining when I met them. What a Saturday!

Shadow Wolf

I don't remember much of last night. I've been feeling like I'm 20 again, and apparently that is not the case with handling liquor. I woke up, feeling blaugh in my stomach and a rush of wooziness if I moved, and too much not remembering stuff getting moved around.