• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yesterday I bought a shirt for my son....
los-polos-hermanos.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.slate.w760h760.jpg

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Just using the voice to text on the phone. Some of it is so good I've had to edit some. :p

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I never understood "far Fig Newton". Does it come from throwing a gross consumer product as hard as it can be thrown?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm going to Uproar today, only to see Seether and Godsmack because I don't care much for most of the bands there, and Buck Cherry in particular I cannot stand because they look and sound like a poor, cheap imitation of Aerosmith (I also wonder if they took their name from Chuck Berry). It's also my niece and nephew's (from my brother) first concert, so it should be alot of fun.

Draupadi

Dear Napoli (my smartphone)- I noticed that you have been giving me bad battery service for the last few months. You finish charging fast but drain that easy. Please take your time to charge but don't make me shift to Nokia feature phones!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
There is no such a thing as "I could of done that". It is "I could have done that".

And, there is a difference between "then" and "than". It is wrong to say "bigger then". It should be "bigger than".

Got it?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Oh, here is more:

Long vowel /i/ can be written as "ie" as in "achieve" or "ei" as in "receive". Now, to know the rule without having to memorize each word separately, memorize this phrase: "I before E, except for C". A discrimination against C isn't it?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, here is more:

Long vowel /i/ can be written as "ie" as in "achieve" or "ei" as in "receive". Now, to know the rule without having to memorize each word separately, memorize this phrase: "I before E, except for C". A discrimination against C isn't it?
It's....I before E, except after C.
But there are exceptions, eg, "their".

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Today I learned that if I want mad Korean rap skills I need to buy Rosetta stone software.... and I must admit....its tempting ;)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It's....I before E, except after C.
But there are exceptions, eg, "their".

The "ei" in "their" sounds like the "a" in "care", not a long vowel /i/ like in "receive".

That's a different vowel. Try sounding each loud and long. The back of your tongue will be away from the top of your mouth's upper back of nasal cavity, while for the second, the back of your tongue will be closing to it.

This helps memorizing how to spell words like receive, perceive, conceive, and similar.

Yo, are you even listening?