• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Burning yourself a little more...do you regularly burn yourself in the wood stove.

Or9.gif

That can't be good for you
It can dry the skin.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've seen -20F a couple times.
That's pretty cold.

You call that cold, why I had to snow shoe, on the side of a mountain...in the high wind....in the woods... and it was -25F..when I worked the tree farm.....and had to patrol a parking lot...at night...on FOOT...when it was -35F...when I was in hospital security......-20 cold....pfhht...pansy

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You call that cold, why I had to snow shoe, on the side of a mountain...in the high wind....in the woods... and it was -25F..when I worked the tree farm.....and had to patrol a parking lot...at night...on FOOT...when it was -35F...when I was in hospital security......-20 cold....pfhht...pansy
I don't have a fur coat.

Wu Wei

I don't have a fur coat.

like I said...pansy......The night, patrolling the parking lot, when it was -35. I got half way through the patrol when this thought hit me....."You know, the only one crazy enough to be out here right now.... is me"....I went back inside

Wu Wei

Well...I'm tired....goodnight
Besides Ian Anderson stopped by to play some lullabys on his flute

source.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've seen -20F a couple times.
That's pretty cold.
Wimp.

When I lived in Northern NY and I mean northern, it got down to -30 and then some a number of times.

Why back in my day we had a blanket for the engine, dipstick heaters to get the oil liquid again and batteries in the house to preserve a charge. Putting your hand too close to an outside wall was to risk frostbite. And in response to the cold, a 1930's raccoon coat was very welcome in spite of nascent anti-fur ideas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wimp.

When I lived in Northern NY and I mean northern, it got down to -30 and then some a number of times.

Why back in my day we had a blanket for the engine, dipstick heaters to get the oil liquid again and batteries in the house to preserve a charge. Putting your hand too close to an outside wall was to risk frostbite. And in response to the cold, a 1930's raccoon coat was very welcome in spite of nascent anti-fur ideas.
You had an engine?
We just had holes in the floor for our feet.

Wu Wei

You had an engine?
We just had holes in the floor for our feet.

You had a floor.....LUXURY!!!
We had to carry our car around on our backs...in the dead of winter...barefoot.....while the driver threw glass bottles at us that would break and cut our feet

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You had a floor.....LUXURY!!!
We had to carry our car around on our backs...in the dead of winter...barefoot.....while the driver threw glass bottles at us that would break and cut our feet
You had feet?
We had only mangled stumps.