• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You got to sleep?
Such luxury!

Well only after working 37 and a half hours a day at the razor factory...and even then it was only 15 or twenty minutes until we either regained consciousness after the beating or would be thrown in polluted pond full of electric eels to wake us up for another 37 and a half hour day

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Clearly the suffering proletariat in this thread need to throw off their chains. Stop complaining when the victory of workers, peasants and retired folk is at hand.

Wu Wei

465f34887cfcd43d7394df0c827f8c22.jpg

Uncle Joe is not happy

Joseph_McCarthy_adjusted.jpg

Wu Wei

Why tones mater in Mandarin

Is that your mother
那是你妈妈吗
Nà shì nǐ mā ma

Is that your horse
那是你的马吗
Nà shì nǐ de ma

Is that your rope
那是你的绳子吗
Nà shì nǐ de shéngzi ma

Scold

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The self-righteous loons who condemn "child reminder alarms" over the idea only a horrible person would forget their kid in the car, when did these people obtain perfect and how did they develop a flawless memory and attention that never falters or fails?
Really, we're human. We need alarms and reminders for tons of ****. But we don't. Instead we have accidents.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why tones mater in Mandarin

Is that your mother
那是你妈妈吗
Nà shì nǐ mā ma

Is that your horse
那是你的马吗
Nà shì nǐ de ma

Is that your rope
那是你的绳子吗
Nà shì nǐ de shéngzi ma

Scold

In your opinion do you think the ancient and simplified written languages will last, or do you think they will be replaced by some sort of phonetic alphabet? The written languages seem so much more complicated.

Wu Wei

In your opinion do you think the ancient and simplified written languages will last, or do you think they will be replaced by some sort of phonetic alphabet? The written languages seem so much more complicated.

Chinese?

The written language has changed a few times, most recently traditional to simplified. But I seriously doubt Pinyin will ever replace Chinese characters on mainland or in Taiwan or Singapore for that matter, As long as you stay in Mandarin the pronunciations stay the same. But if you go to another dialect, the pronunciations change but the characters stay the same

"Traditional "in simplified Chinese
传统的
Chuántǒng de

"Traditional" in Traditional Chinese
傳統的
Chuántǒng de

"Simplified" in simplified Chinese
简化的
Jiǎnhuà de

"Simplified" in traditional Chinese
簡化的
Jiǎnhuà de

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have always been told that only I can prevent forest fires, so I must be the chosen one. Why aren't people sending me millions of dollars?