• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I found out today that Pat Patterson died a couple weeks ago. I knew him more as one of Vince's stooges during the Attitude Era of the late 90s. He had a decently long life for a pro-wrestler.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I found out today that Pat Patterson died a couple weeks ago. I knew him more as one of Vince's stooges during the Attitude Era of the late 90s. He had a decently long life for a pro-wrestler.
pat-patterson-800x450.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
He was basically of a group winding their careers down when I was a little kid. Sort of like the Von Eriks, Junkyard Dog, Ted Debiase, Tito Santana and Andre the Giant. Most of them from that era I know more from being managers, like Mr. Fuji and Hillbilly Jim.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It does have the advantage of keeping Californistanians & Texastanians away.

Some places in California get a lot of snow. Some see it as having the best of both worlds, as you can be at the beach in LA or SD, then drive a few hours and be up in the mountains at a ski resort.

It's kind of the same here in AZ, except without the beach. But when the big one hits California someday, we expect to have beachfront property in AZ.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some places in California get a lot of snow. Some see it as having the best of both worlds, as you can be at the beach in LA or SD, then drive a few hours and be up in the mountains at a ski resort.

It's kind of the same here in AZ, except without the beach. But when the big one hits California someday, we expect to have beachfront property in AZ.
Californistanians do indeed have choice.
We don't. That keeps them away.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Californistanians do indeed have choice.
We don't. That keeps them away.

Of course, the general trend is people moving away from the older industrial states of the Northeast and to the Sun Belt states. I would imagine there's more Michiganders who have moved to California than the reverse, although I don't know that for sure.

There were huge influxes of people moving to California from other states to the point where some people would have bumper stickers on their cars: "Welcome to California. Now go home."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course, the general trend is people moving away from the older industrial states of the Northeast and to the Sun Belt states. I would imagine there's more Michiganders who have moved to California than the reverse, although I don't know that for sure.

There were huge influxes of people moving to California from other states to the point where some people would have bumper stickers on their cars: "Welcome to California. Now go home."
U-Haul data shows more people leaving CA than moving to it.
691,000 people moved out of California last year. Here's where they went.
I have friends in Californiastan who collect engines & machine tools.
Their #1 problem is that it's so very expensive to have land & buildings
there. One can have so much more in other states.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't miss that crap. I could drive well on it, but many, many times I saw the ominous yellow glow of their light. Don't miss 'em.

I would

All while the earth moves under their feet as much a 7.9 on the richter scale

Only the weak ones who can't take the cold :D

Ironically, I believe Michigan and California are currently tied as it applies to folks leaving the state. But the state I live it has em both beat...more folks are fleeing NYS than 47 other states

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would

Ironically, I believe Michigan and California are currently tied as it applies to folks leaving the state. But the state I live it has em both beat...more folks are fleeing NYS than 47 other states
Californiastan....home of the Donner Party dinner party.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
U-Haul data shows more people leaving CA than moving to it.
691,000 people moved out of California last year. Here's where they went.
I have friends in Californiastan who collect engines & machine tools.
Their #1 problem is that it's so very expensive to have land & buildings
there. One can have so much more in other states.

The link says the top two states Californians are moving to are Texas and Arizona. Lucky us.

But yeah, California is pretty expensive, particularly in the coastal cities. But there might be other areas where it's cheaper.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Some of the excuses in the UK for not gritting icy roads.

The gritter truck got stuck in the snow
The roads were to icy and dangerous for the truck to leave the depot
And the best
The driver couldn't get into work.

We don't have that problem in France, they don't grit the roads.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I would

Fortunately, we don't have that worry here in Zonie-Land.

It depends. On some days, I've noted that California has both the hot and cold spots for the country. It can get pretty cold in those mountains around Lake Tahoe.

I found this site which lists the fastest growing and shrinking states for 2020:

Fastest Growing States 2020 (worldpopulationreview.com)

Here are the 10 states with the fastest growth rates:

1. Idaho (4.10%)
  2. Utah (3.83%)
  3. Washington (3.47%)
  4. Nevada (3.47%)
  5. Florida (3.26%)
  6. Arizona (2.88%)
  7. Texas (2.68%)
  8. Oregon (2.63%)
  9. Colorado (2.63%)
  10. Washington DC (2.60%)

The entire table is on the webpage, but I couldn't reproduce it here. It contains data for growth in 2020, as well as growth since 2010. California has still shown some net growth, although it's apparently slowed down from what it used to be. Slightly higher than Michigan. Puerto Rico was at the bottom of the list, along with West Virginia, Illinois, Connecticut, and New York rounding out the bottom 5.

It's strange that Washington DC is in the top 10. It's a very expensive city - and it stinks.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think Californiastans could make it past the Rockies.

This time of year, it might be kind of iffy trying to traverse the Rockies. I think I-10 is the only real snow-free route across the country. I-40, I-70, I-80, and I-90 can get pounded with snow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some of the excuses in the UK for not gritting icy roads.

The gritter truck got stuck in the snow
The roads were to icy and dangerous for the truck to leave the depot
And the best
The driver couldn't get into work.

We don't have that problem in France, they don't grit the roads.
What do they do in Frogistan when the snow flies, & the ice sticks?