• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some places in California get a lot of snow. Some see it as having the best of both worlds, as you can be at the beach in LA or SD, then drive a few hours and be up in the mountains at a ski resort.

It's kind of the same here in AZ, except without the beach. But when the big one hits California someday, we expect to have beachfront property in AZ.

When the BIG one hits, the rest of the US will sink beneath the waves leaving only the Left Coast.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hope you have a four wheel drive vehicle or stay at home
I've read there are still idiots who venture out & cause mayhem.
We have plow & salt trucks all over.
So I don't take Mr Van or Mister Trailer or Mister Aluminum Trailer out on salted roads.
(Mr Van has seen 100k miles of such service, & I don't him more rusted than he is.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When the BIG one hits, the rest of the US will sink beneath the waves leaving only the Left Coast.

Yes, it could turn out that way, but one might still wonder how California would turn out. Probably some place like this:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It depends. On some days, I've noted that California has both the hot and cold spots for the country. It can get pretty cold in those mountains around Lake Tahoe.

Yeah but those of Michigan, the strong ones, have no choice but to endure the winters....Those in California can run and hide in the warm weather with the rest of the hippies and sissies eating pink tofu

It's strange that Washington DC is in the top 10. It's a very expensive city - and it stinks.

Yup

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Fortunately, we don't have that worry here in Zonie-Land.

It depends. On some days, I've noted that California has both the hot and cold spots for the country. It can get pretty cold in those mountains around Lake Tahoe.

I found this site which lists the fastest growing and shrinking states for 2020:

Fastest Growing States 2020 (worldpopulationreview.com)

Here are the 10 states with the fastest growth rates:

1. Idaho (4.10%)
  2. Utah (3.83%)
  3. Washington (3.47%)
  4. Nevada (3.47%)
  5. Florida (3.26%)
  6. Arizona (2.88%)
  7. Texas (2.68%)
  8. Oregon (2.63%)
  9. Colorado (2.63%)
  10. Washington DC (2.60%)

The entire table is on the webpage, but I couldn't reproduce it here. It contains data for growth in 2020, as well as growth since 2010. California has still shown some net growth, although it's apparently slowed down from what it used to be. Slightly higher than Michigan. Puerto Rico was at the bottom of the list, along with West Virginia, Illinois, Connecticut, and New York rounding out the bottom 5.

It's strange that Washington DC is in the top 10. It's a very expensive city - and it stinks.
Odoriferous things like a swamp draw many, many to the potential riches there...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've read there are still idiots who venture out & cause mayhem.
We have plow & salt trucks all over.
So I don't take Mr Van or Mister Trailer or Mister Aluminum Trailer out on salted roads.
(Mr Van has seen 100k miles of such service, & I don't him more rusted than he is.)

I usually see one or two lying nose down in a ditch or shiny side down in a field after the ice thaws.

We have farmers who will tow you out, if the car is not so badly damaged... For a price.

The bonus of ungritted (salt and course grit mix) roads, it can't corrode the metal. French runabout has done over 1/4 million kilometres (about 160000 miles in your language). The only rust is where the passenger door got banged one time we left it at the airport for a few months. But it doesn't get to play out in the ice except when i fancy a bit of fun. We don't get much snow and the odd time we get a dusting its gone soon enough.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile, what we're living through is something else.

f04417601ba80139397d005056a9545d