• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sad but True.....but he's into fluid mechanics......and going for his PhD....so he can make Marine Mechanics lives more difficult
Things being hard to work on is driven by the consumer,
who demands low price & high performance, but not
serviceability. In a free market, guess what happens.
I never worked on consumer products...just designing
for expensive things, eg, military planes, heavy trucks,
surgical tools, industrial equipment. Serviceability is
paramount. My air brake control system was a big
advance over stuff on the market. And my Model 650
Slitter/Scorer....I designed it to last over a century with
minimal maintenance.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes and you should watch-out for yeti droppings when hiking in Nepal.....and wear your Loch ness Monster repellent when at Loch ness......Never did the hour, hours, days, upright fridge thing, never had a problem with a fridge lasting many years.....I'm thinking this is a carry over from the old days when refrigerators looked like this...and housewives did all the cooking in high heels

refrigerator%20in%201950%2C%20Wisconsin%20Historical%20Society%2C%20WHI%202503.jpg

Ohh look, it's white

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Things being hard to work on is driven by the consumer,
who demands low price & high performance, but not
serviceability. In a free market, guess what happens.
I never worked on consumer products...just designing
for expensive things, eg, military planes, heavy trucks,
surgical tools, industrial equipment. Serviceability is
paramount. My air brake control system was a big
advance over stuff on the market. And my Model 650
Slitter/Scorer....I designed it to last over a century with
minimal maintenance.

Listen here ya faux enlightened, elitist, social climbing, irritating, oaf no one cares...with the possible exception of Chinese spies

Wu Wei

Just incase you can’t tell…today I am rather grumpy, contrary, stubborn, set in my ways, unbending with no desire what-so-ever to negotiate or filter what I am thinking. Basically the proper attitude for a bear

dreamstime-s-19383784-29c9ca07-5fbd-4d5e-83bb-6b73d1d445d4.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Listen here ya faux enlightened, elitist, social climbing, irritating, oaf no one cares...with the possible exception of Chinese spies
Chinese spies once stole some of my work.
The boredom that ensued was so severe that
their coma lasted weeks. It became an international
incident, with China claiming some kind of brain attack.

Wu Wei

Chinese spies once stole some of my work.
The boredom that ensued was so severe that
their coma lasted weeks. It became an international
incident, with China claiming some kind of brain attack.

I listened to a lecture, many years ago, given by a woman who was a Chinese spy...before she took asylum in the US. (I had my doubts of the legitimacy of the asylum need...but that is another way for Chinese spies to get into the USA) She said it was easy for an attractive women to get sensitive information about all sorts of things produced in America. All you have to do is find the engineer and talk to them. And because no one ever really shows interest in the engineer, it was easy to get them to talk about anything they were doing. Most of the times talking was enough, sometimes sex was part of it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I listened to a lecture, many years ago, given by a woman who was a Chinese spy...before she took asylum in the US. (I had my doubts of the legitimacy of the asylum need...but that is another way for Chinese spies to get into the USA) She said it was easy for an attractive women to get sensitive information about all sorts of things produced in America. All you have to do is find the engineer and talk to them. And because no one ever really shows interest in the engineer, it was easy to get them to talk about anything they were doing. Most of the times talking was enough, sometimes sex was part of it.

You talk to @Revoltingest and just look at all you have learned about naming vehicles and scrap metal... and no sex needed... i believe

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

That's propaganda because of the nerd-nerd connection. Engineers talk to other engineers just like musicians with other musicians and so forth. Of course there's details but when a real nerd-fest gets started, nerd thought universes are created, sustained and finally destroyed.

Wu Wei

That's propaganda because of the nerd-nerd connection. Engineers talk to other engineers just like musicians with other musicians and so forth. Of course there's details but when a real nerd-fest gets started, nerd thought universes are created, sustained and finally destroyed.

But how often do those nerds generally get to talk to this....

Chinese-women.jpg

There go all their engineering secrets