• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I know it was that way when it comes off the truck. But before then, amd while on it, it's a known unknown.

A "reputable" dealer would not store it on its side, there are way to any other possibilities for damaging it if stored that way. And what is the advantage. They take up more space on their side than they do standing up....I realize things are different out there in the Wild west...would not be surprised if they dragged it to you while being pulled by a horse out there in Californiastan

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well....yes you do...if you see it on the truck...before it comes off.... wait...do you get yours delivered by buckboard?
Ya never know what can happen to a package
when yer not actually watching it.
Throwpackagedown_fab6196c2647418ef095512195fa5c62.gif

housekeeping.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A "reputable" dealer would not store it on its side, there are way to any other possibilities for damaging it if stored that way. And what is the advantage. They take up more space on their side than they do standing up....I realize things are different out there in the Wild west...would not be surprised if they dragged it to you while being pulled by a horse out there in Californiastan
Reputable dealer, but what about the workers? What of accidents? What of carelessness? Those things happen.

Wu Wei

Let it sit upright for a couple hours before turning it on to verify function.

If they picked it up and threw it down.....or threw it over a fence......Its broke.....you should not have bothered taking it out of the box...or picking it up...whatever the case may be......standing it upright will not do you any good.......really...what century is it in your world...I knew Michiganistan was a bit behind the times...but I did not know it was THAT far behind the times

Wu Wei

American term for large kitchens kit.

No it isn't. Never head anyone in America refer to a "large kitchen kit" as white....also never heard the term "large kitchen kit"....are you sure this is not a French Fry type naming thing.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they picked it up and threw it down.....or threw it over a fence......Its broke.....you should not have bothered taking it out of the box...or picking it up...whatever the case may be......standing it upright will not do you any good.......really...what century is it in your world...I knew Michiganistan was a bit behind the times...but I did not know it was THAT far behind the times
It's best chance of working is if it sits upright
a couple hours before plugging in.
tenor.gif

Wu Wei

It's best chance of working is if it sits upright
a couple hours before plugging in.

Yes and you should watch-out for yeti droppings when hiking in Nepal.....and wear your Loch ness Monster repellent when at Loch ness......Never did the hour, hours, days, upright fridge thing, never had a problem with a fridge lasting many years.....I'm thinking this is a carry over from the old days when refrigerators looked like this...and housewives did all the cooking in high heels

refrigerator%20in%201950%2C%20Wisconsin%20Historical%20Society%2C%20WHI%202503.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes and you should watch-out for yeti droppings when hiking in Nepal.....and wear your Loch ness Monster repellent when at Loch ness......Never did the hour, hours, days, upright fridge thing, never had a problem with a fridge lasting many years.....I'm thinking this is a carry over from the old days when refrigerators looked like this...and housewives did all the cooking in high heels

refrigerator%20in%201950%2C%20Wisconsin%20Historical%20Society%2C%20WHI%202503.jpg
I'm an engineer.
Caution is useful.
It keeps airplanes flying.

Wu Wei

I'm a mechanical engineer, not a civil engineer.
Know the difference?

Yeah, I know, and condescension will get you know where.....Its were an example there Scotty.....I could just have easily said it is why machines fail.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, I know, and condescension will get you know where.....Its were an example there Scotty.....I could just have easily said it is why machines fail.....
Mechanical engineers build weapons.
Civil engineers build targets...which fall down wonderfully.