• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It was not transported on its side. Use to work on AC in Automotive.....never heard of letting coolant settle. but that was Freon. Never heard of it for Tetrafluoroethane (Hydro-Fluorocarbon) either. It starts as a gas and then turns to liquid for cooling. A gas does not have bubbles

Oil does

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In transport the coolant can be shaken and trap air bubbles. If the fridge (or freezer) is positioned and left unplugged until the air has bubbled out of the coolant (a couple of hours) before powering it up it saves the compressor running in free air. Also, of transported on its side the oil can run.out of the compressor, settling allows it to drain back. Powering up with insufficient oil can be damaging as it sounds.

OMG. It sounds good. Fortunately mine was not transported on its side.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This has nothing to do with any poster in this thread. Or on RF?

2b7d1310269801393d1a005056a9545d

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
In transport the coolant can be shaken and trap air bubbles. If the fridge (or freezer) is positioned and left unplugged until the air has bubbled out of the coolant (a couple of hours) before powering it up it saves the compressor running in free air. Also, of transported on its side the oil can run.out of the compressor, settling allows it to drain back. Powering up with insufficient oil can be damaging as it sounds.
So, every refrigerator that I've ever bought, the delivery folks from the store remove the old one, bring in the new one, and set it in place...and immediately plug it in...then tell us to wait at least two or three hours before putting any food inside...

So, from what people seem to be saying, the installers are voiding the warranty or otherwise behaving in a negligent manner...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Once we're done with that fight-to-the-finish about letting refrigerators sit before turning them on, let's go on to the real battle worth fighting about:

133579258_4320674441280955_860547265184355809_n.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll drop this gem and run away from my computer for a while to avoid potential retaliation but I'll remind all that this is RF and certain things are uncalled for.

133731145_3921869847825973_4189072480589174793_n.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
So, every refrigerator that I've ever bought, the delivery folks from the store remove the old one, bring in the new one, and set it in place...and immediately plug it in...then tell us to wait at least two or three hours before putting any food inside...

So, from what people seem to be saying, the installers are voiding the warranty or otherwise behaving in a negligent manner...

I think its kind of negligent but hey, im not an American refrigerator installer. As for voiding the warranty, i don't think so.

The advice is given by white goods manufacturers over here.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Dehumidifier manufacturers recommend sitting upright a spell
before operation. I expect they know their product (refrigeration).
Why not take the safe course when it's easy?

You mean when your refrigerator died a week ago and you're trying to keep everything cold and frozen that needs to be by using coolers and your garage in winter......that kind of easy

ChristineM

Premium Member
Dehumidifier manufacturers recommend sitting upright a spell
before operation. I expect they know their product (refrigeration).
Why not take the safe course when it's easy?

Why do you need to sit upright before operating a dehumidifier?