• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fixed that for you

pb-paa.png
Prince Albert (tobacco) - Wikipedia
"Prince Albert in a can"[edit]
The brand is the basis of a practical joke, usually made in the form of a prank call. The prankster typically calls a store and asks if they have "Prince Albert in a can". When the unsuspecting clerk responds "Yes" (because the tobacco is typically packaged in a can, though other forms of packaging also existed), the caller follows up with, "Well, you'd better let him out!", or similar.[6][7]

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Prince Albert (tobacco) - Wikipedia
"Prince Albert in a can"[edit]
The brand is the basis of a practical joke, usually made in the form of a prank call. The prankster typically calls a store and asks if they have "Prince Albert in a can". When the unsuspecting clerk responds "Yes" (because the tobacco is typically packaged in a can, though other forms of packaging also existed), the caller follows up with, "Well, you'd better let him out!", or similar.[6][7]

We've already established you are old, forgetful and behind the times

Shadow Wolf

Fixed that for you

pb-paa.png
That's like a bear poking a super bear with grammar.
In this case "a can" is correct as it refers to a non-specific noun.
In your context saying "the can," referring specifically to that can in the picture would make "the can" correct.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's like a bear poking a super bear with grammar.
In this case "a can" is correct as it refers to a non-specific noun.
In your context saying "the can," referring specifically to that can in the picture would make "the can" correct.
And "Prince Albert in the can" conjures up the wrong image....
maxresdefault.jpg

Shadow Wolf

And "Prince Albert in the can" conjures up the wrong image....
maxresdefault.jpg
He isn't in the can, he is on the can. (More of a phrase of a concept of verbs and actors and all that actually doing what is being said they are doing).
Or, as George Carlin demonstrated with this English grammar rule "**** you, I'm not getting on the plane, I'm getting in the plane."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He isn't in the can, he is on the can. (More of a phrase of a concept of verbs and actors and all that actually doing what is being said they are doing).
Or, as George Carlin demonstrated with this English grammar rule "**** you, I'm not getting on the plane, I'm getting in the plane."
According to Wikipedia & The Revoltstanian Constiution,
the phrase is "Prince Albrert in a can".
"In the can" means in the bathroom.
"On the can" means on da terlit.
George Carlin is wrong....just ask him if he's right....he'll not answer.

Shadow Wolf

According to Wikipedia & The Revoltstanian Constiution,
the phrase is "Prince Albrert in a can".
"In the can" means in the bathroom.
"On the can" means on da terlit.
George Carlin is wrong....just ask him if he's right....he'll not answer.
Using the same word to describe a room (which I've never heard of a bathroom being called a can) amd also an item commonly found in that room is confusing and poor word choice and grammar.

Shadow Wolf

California has joined the modern world and abolished the death penalty! (or it would it be the ancient/pre-Roman Empire/pre-Christian world as they often lacked it?)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
settle? never heard of that on this side of the Atlantic, as it applies to refrigerators

In transport the coolant can be shaken and trap air bubbles. If the fridge (or freezer) is positioned and left unplugged until the air has bubbled out of the coolant (a couple of hours) before powering it up it saves the compressor running in free air. Also, of transported on its side the oil can run.out of the compressor, settling allows it to drain back. Powering up with insufficient oil can be damaging as it sounds.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Using the same word to describe a room (which I've never heard of a bathroom being called a can) amd also an item commonly found in that room is confusing and poor word choice and grammar.
Language is what it is.
"In the can" vs "on the can" are understood.
There are worse things....
We drive on a parkway, & park on a driveway.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
In transport the coolant can be shaken and trap air bubbles. If the fridge (or freezer) is positioned and left unplugged until the air has bubbled out of the coolant (a couple of hours) before powering it up it saves the compressor running in free air. Also, of transported on its side the oil can run.out of the compressor, settling allows it to drain back. Powering up with insufficient oil can be damaging as it sounds.

It was not transported on its side. Use to work on AC in Automotive.....never heard of letting coolant settle. but that was Freon. Never heard of it for Tetrafluoroethane (Hydro-Fluorocarbon) either. It starts as a gas and then turns to liquid for cooling. A gas does not have bubbles