• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I wonder if Jeremy Clarkson has ever bitten the head off an American who pronounces Porsche without the e?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They just tried to kill a Toyota truck. They abused it. They battered it. Drove it down concrete stairs, whack it with a wrecking ball, dropped a cravam on it, drop it from a crane, wreck it into a tree, crash through a shed, drowned it in the sea, set on fire, set it atop a skyscraper being demolished, and despite all that remarkably they failed to kill the truck. Basic tools, some WD-40, and they still drove it into the studio to show it off.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I wonder if Jeremy Clarkson has ever bitten the head off an American who pronounces Porsche without the e?

I pronounce it without the e, its the English way. It seems sounding the e became a fad in the late during the Thatcher years. German friend's say the e should be pronounced "eh" so i am loath to admit it but Clarkson has a point

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I pronounce it without the e, its the English way. It seems sounding the e became a fad in the late during the Thatcher years. German friend's say the e should be pronounced "eh" so i am loath to admit it but Clarkson has a point

The last time I was an auto-mechanic, it was at a Volkswagen, Jeep, Audi, Porsche dealership. There were 2 buildings, I worked in the Volkswagen/Jeep dealer. As for Porsche, pronouncing the 'e' and without the 'e' was interchangeable

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
They just tried to kill a Toyota truck. They abused it. They battered it. Drove it down concrete stairs, whack it with a wrecking ball, dropped a cravam on it, drop it from a crane, wreck it into a tree, crash through a shed, drowned it in the sea, set on fire, set it atop a skyscraper being demolished, and despite all that remarkably they failed to kill the truck. Basic tools, some WD-40, and they still drove it into the studio to show it off.

Tough motors those toyota trucks. But i think it sounded a bit rough

Seen the one where they crossed the English channel in a toyota truck they converted to a toyboata

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Tough motors those toyota trucks. But i think it sounded a bit rough

Seen the one where they crossed the English channel in a toyota truck they converted to a toyboata
They put the "toy" in Toyota.
Those things are too small & light to haul much.