• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hopefully. I think the police will be depicted as unfortunate heroes and the person will be slapped initially with a large planned sentence that will be negotiated quite a bit down.
That could happen.
The justice system is a crapshoot.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They needed a research to know baked and air fried fries aren't the cardiovascular wrecking ball that deep fried fries can be?
It's about like people who refer to vapor as smoke. It is not smoke, it cannot be smoke, the two are structurally/chemically entirely different things. Just as it's a big difference when the cooking method is baking compared to when it's dropping it in a tub of hot grease. Do they think all that grease just magically vanishes from cooked foods once removed from the grease? That it all drains out?

Shadow Wolf

Especially when the jury is involved.
I blame the heavy reliance on eye witness accounts and not having someone like Carl Sagan or Niel DeGrasse Tyson explaining the science stuff to a group of laymen jurors who are uninitiated in the language of science.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I blame the heavy reliance on eye witness accounts and not having someone like Carl Sagan or Niel DeGrasse Tyson explaining the science stuff to a group of laymen jurors who are uninitiated in the language of science.
That's just part of the problem.
Jurors also judge by prejudice, appearance, & emotion.

Shadow Wolf

That's just part of the problem.
Jurors also judge by prejudice, appearance, & emotion.
As great as an idea as it was back when it appeared, and more equally applied to a broader base than just nobility, a jury system--especially as we know and have it--is really likely a major roadblock towards creating a more just system. And, really, it just gave a shield from the state to some people while letting others just be left to the dogs (sometimes even with the charade of having adequate legal defense).

Shadow Wolf

"Since when have we ever cared about the rules?"
"Your sister! She just thinks the rules don't apply to her."
These are both things said by my mom.

Shadow Wolf

Today I make things right on my car again. Mostly. I had a bit of an issue and lost a part of one of the splash guards.
But am I worried about a splash guard? I went for about a year needing new windshield wipers but had them as ultra-low priority because it rarely rains here, and sometimes light enough I don't even need to use the wipers.
For now it's less work I'll have to do to when I change the transmission filter.

Shadow Wolf

And it will be sad to see all that freed up room under the hood go back to being hogged up by a box.

Shadow Wolf

Funny... a study funded by the Alliance for Potato Research (potato industry) says potato is good for you.
Ok, im convinced.
It was researched at Purdue, which is in Indiana. The potato is the only vegetable many Hoosiers ever eat, so the results would have been the same regardless.