• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was Shoreleave, wasn't it? He was at a party that wasn't that good, and he needed entertainment after Columbus turned him down.
It's a darn shame that so few here will know your reference.
The Venture Brothers is one of western civilization's greatest
achievements. Go Team Venture!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some definitions I ran into:

Quote: the act of repeating erroneously the words of another.

Corporation: an ingenious device for obtaining profit without individual responsibility.

Consult: to seek approval for a course of action already decided upon.

Revolution: in politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Devil's Dictionary: 24 Funniest Definitions | Humoropedia was the source of some of the earlier ones

well.....nevermind

MIND, n. A mysterious form of matter secreted by the brain. Its chief activity consists in the endeavor to ascertain its own nature, the futility of the attempt being due to the fact that it has nothing but itself to know itself with. From the Latin mens, a fact unknown to that honest shoe-seller, who, observing that his learned competitor over the way had displayed the motto "Mens conscia recti," emblazoned his own front with the words "Men's, women's and children's conscia recti."

MINE, adj. Belonging to me if I can hold or seize it.

And many many more here: THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY - by AMBROSE BIERCE

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hank & Dean are clones.
Rusty & Jonas Jr are naturally born brothers.
Although this is an odd use of the word, "natural".
Rusty as well is a clone. It's the episode where Dean talks to the brown Helper (it makes dean the warm sweat pants). It mentions the clone thing to Dean, which he already knows at that point, but as they depart the brown Helper lets it slip he thought he was talking to Rusty the whole time. Which makes Jonas Jr. also a clone, albeit an abnormal growth for the intended clone.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, it looks like my doctor forgot me or whoever scheduled my appointment forgot to hit "confirm," or something. My appointment was 30 minutes ago and they've still not called.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, it looks like my doctor forgot me or whoever scheduled my appointment forgot to hit "confirm," or something. My appointment was 30 minutes ago and they've still not called.

I remember one doctor here locally, who would routinely be about 2 hours late on every appointment. If your appointment was at 1p, expect to not be seen until 3p.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The Devil's Dictionary: 24 Funniest Definitions | Humoropedia was the source of some of the earlier ones

MIND, n. A mysterious form of matter secreted by the brain. Its chief activity consists in the endeavor to ascertain its own nature, the futility of the attempt being due to the fact that it has nothing but itself to know itself with. From the Latin mens, a fact unknown to that honest shoe-seller, who, observing that his learned competitor over the way had displayed the motto "Mens conscia recti," emblazoned his own front with the words "Men's, women's and children's conscia recti."

MINE, adj. Belonging to me if I can hold or seize it.

And many many more here: THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY - by AMBROSE BIERCE

mine

1a: a pit or excavation in the earth from which mineral substances are taken
b: an ore deposit
2: a subterranean passage under an enemy position
3: an encased explosive that is placed in the ground or in water and set to explode when disturbed
4: a rich source of supply

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The nap did not help...... just seemed to show my body how much sleep it didn't get.... and the coughing has increased.......

cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough