• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
711XTy3a-uL._SL1500_.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Interesting thing, the Ramones are not one of my most favorite bands, I do like them, but not one of my favorites....but yet...... I can't turn a Ramones song off or change the station when they use to come on the radio.....I must listen... no choice..... kind of like the whole pied piper for mice....but the Ramones are for bears....gabba gabba hey....

and now a song that pretty much sums up my thoughts since the beginning of my own personal Covid infection thing

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That a "lie with statistics" minefield. Last year I owed the state $178 for an effective tax rate of .05% or .0005 because my state taxable income was so low.
Careful about the lying accusation there, bub.
You wouldn't want me becoming too candid.
There's a total tax burden to consider, & your
state apportions it most unfairly upon new
home buyers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'd expect that for lower wage earners.
Indiana has **** roads but they are mostly pretty good here.
Here we have Covered California to help those who aren't wealthy or poor with healthcare costs.
We have public transportation.
We have rehabilitation programs for inmates (Newsom just signed to fast track inmate firefighters to fully fledged firefighters).

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am going to tell you WHY I am drunker than I have been in a long, long time.

It is all about the mint.

There should be a little bit of mint in Tabbouley salad. It is, for the most part, parsley. So, I had too much mint because it can't be bought by leaf, but by the bunch. I do not remember what I had paid for the bunch. I know that I had put some of the leaves with the parsley to make a salad they liked. I liked it too!

I boiled some of the leaves to make tea. It is good enough. But, I had some mint leftover.

Then, I went to the flea market so that I might sell some stuff there. The woman across from me was selling some herbs and some other stuff. She had several chicks and hens in decorative containers and at the end of the day, I bought one of those.

But, before all the bagged herbs of hers were all sold, I bought seven bags for seven dollars. One sage, three basil, one oregano, one mint, one I forget. The basil will be for pesto. The sage is for bread stuffing. The oregano is for the sauce to freeze.

Now, I have too much mint. I know about mint in drinks and she also told me so when I asked her what to do with all the mint. Mojitos. I made two of those today and then, I drank them. I still have mint. I have enough to share, I am sure.

With the mint, I shall make some more tea. I did make some with the first batch I had, which I had bought for a lot more than one dollar.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Senator Lindsey Graham tests positive for COVID-19, says "glad I was vaccinated" - CBS News

Washington — Senator Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina, said Monday he has tested positive for COVID-19 after having been vaccinated. He added that his symptoms likely would be worse had he not yet gotten his shot.

Graham said in a statement he began experiencing flu-like symptoms Saturday night and visited the doctor Monday morning. He was then told by the House physician he tested positive for the coronavirus, the South Carolina senator said.

"I feel like I have a sinus infection and at present time I have mild symptoms. I will be quarantining for 10 days," Graham said. "I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far worse."

The senator received his coronavirus vaccine in December, when it began being administered to members of Congress.

Graham is a member of a broader bipartisan group of senators who worked on developing the infrastructure framework. The bipartisan group of senators introduced the infrastructure legislation Sunday evening. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday night that Senate will move to consider amendments to the legislation with the hope to pass the legislation "in a matter of days."

Graham attended a party Democratic Senator Joe Manchin, another key member of the bipartisan group, threw on his houseboat over the weekend, according to a source familiar with the situation. Manchin's spokesperson said he will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines after he was exposed, and said the senator is also fully vaccinated.

Democratic Senators Mark Kelly and Jacky Rosen also were in attendance. Both senators are fully vaccinated, and spokespeople for both said they would be following CDC guidelines and the advice of the Office of the Attending Physician.

A spokesperson for Republican Senator John Thune of South Dakota, who is also fully vaccinated, said after learning Graham tested positive, he followed "appropriate recommendations," including getting tested himself. Thune tested negative for COVID-19, the spokesperson said.

Delaware Senator Chris Coons, a Democrat, also attended the party. A spokesperson for the senator said that Coons, who has been fully vaccinated, consulted with the congressional attending physician and is following CDC guidance for exposure to someone who has COVID. He "received a negative test result on Monday evening," the spokesperson said.

While coronavirus cases and hospitalizations have risen due to the highly contagious Delta variant, public health officials argue the vaccines provide strong protection against serious illness from COVID-19 and death. Nearly all of those hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated.

I wonder if he spread it to anyone else in Congress.

They said he was on Senator Manchin's houseboat for a party this past weekend.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Indiana has **** roads but they are mostly pretty good here.
Here we have Covered California to help those who aren't wealthy or poor with healthcare costs.
We have public transportation.
We have rehabilitation programs for inmates (Newsom just signed to fast track inmate firefighters to fully fledged firefighters).
I've been on both IN & CA roads.
IN has been better, but CA's problems were floods.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've been on both IN & CA roads.
IN has been better, but CA's problems were floods.
Indianapolis had such a pothole problem that at one point the city was paying out cash to people who's cars were damaged from them. The higher the absolute lowest bidder who use the cheapest stuff to make roads with, and the result is the roads do not last long before cracking and the asphalt lasts far below the national average.
Indiana is cheap when it comes to the people and state itself, but last I knew no other state gives out more in corporate welfare.
And the floods here, I haven't seen any bad ones but I've seen how it does not take much rain at all here to start flooding the streets. And the time I went through the Mojave, it was because the mountain pass I was taking was rained out. So, because I didn't want to go all the way back a few hours I decided to just go through the Mojave. I got a bit scared when the rains started coming near me and got a flash flood warning on my phone. Fortunately it didn't rain, but I did realize that even hear the state apparently doesn't spend a dime on the Native reserves, because where there is road it's the worst I've ever drove on.