• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
LeadingHarshLacewing-max-1mb.gif

That's a black bear being abused and having his bear rights infringed upon.. ya vacuous, vulgar, villain and all-around farm equipment fondling whack-a-doo

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually, we under-complicate it. We eschew the tedious
mathematical formality that a @Polymath257 would use.
Setting small terms to zero greatly simplifies everything.

It's always good to simplify. As long as the simplification maintains the essential behavior. Sometimes small perturbations make a big difference.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I simplify this thread by multiplying all the posts herein by zero (except mine, of course)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's a black bear being abused and having his bear rights infringed upon.. ya vacuous, vulgar, villain and all-around farm equipment fondling whack-a-doo
We all know that's from back in your school days
when you did black face sketches with your troupe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To get rid of the 'butterfly effect', you need to get rid of all butterflies. And that flies in the face of physics.
We just treat those things probabilistically.
That way we needn't understand the difficult math.
Example...
Why try to model turbulent fluid flow when we can just
keep our Reynold's number in the safe range, eh.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We just treat those things probabilistically.
That way we needn't understand the difficult math.
Example...
Why try to model turbulent fluid flow when we can just
keep our Reynold's number in the safe range, eh.

You consider the situation fluid. How we react to learning experiences can be so characterized

f1dcb820d12801396dca005056a9545d

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I recently watched Batman Forever and Batman & Robin for the first time in many years.
I forgot they're kind of cheesy and there's reasons I haven't watched them in such a long time.
And it definitely still stands Micheal Keaton is the best Batman.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Fixed that for you....I know Engineers can get their words mixed up...and you were talking to a bear....not a Scotsman such as yourself
But, once again @Revoltingest was right. There was nothing to fix. He's a hard one to fix, that one. And he allegedly does that proof reading thing carefully before hitting submit, which means he fixes me more often than I fix him.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm decided to start identifying as tall, dark, and pretty.

The only problem is some people may have a different definition of "dark" than me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But, once again @Revoltingest was right. There was nothing to fix. He's a hard one to fix, that one. And he allegedly does that proof reading thing carefully before hitting submit, which means he fixes me more often than I fix him.
I proofread my posts after submitting.
Then begins the process of editing & continual changing.
As I recall....one poster has complained about this.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Which is pretty funny, because even many on and throughout the Left reject that transracial nuttery.

Yeah. If you're referring to myself calling myself "dark" as a joke, there was a play on words there. My posts often have plays on words people don't even see, and it makes people irritated sometimes. For example, I called myself "dark", but I was referring to Left Hand Path.