• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Out here, bad driving conditions is rain (when it comes) on slick roads due to oil which lead to crashes.
The native born-and-raised Californian on average cant' drive worth a crap in the the rain. You don't see these wrecks over a few inches in other places. More rain than this state ever sees in a year per hour could be a daily thing in Indiana for about a week, or just for several hours. They suck. They really do. And everyone who moved here knows this. We talk about it amongst ourselves.
But you should know this.

Shadow Wolf

As an ultra minimalist Facebook user who uses over 99.9% of the time for Messenger, I'm surprised at how "tense" it feels to be suddenly cut off from that communication.
Fortunately I have some very good stories with friends so they know it is really me when I get my account back. And I'll be pissed if it doesn't happen because I gave them a medical document with both my names.
But my best friend, she'll get a kick out of getting my perspective of one drunken night involving a hot tub. And that night was long before social media, so it has remained nowhere on social media for many years now.
My LARP-husband, that's a short story of adventures there. Or marriage was officiated with us being told "no hanky panky." :D

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The native born-and-raised Californian on average cant' drive worth a crap in the the rain. You don't see these wrecks over a few inches in other places. More rain than this state ever sees in a year per hour could be a daily thing in Indiana for about a week, or just for several hours. They suck. They really do. And everyone who moved here knows this. We talk about it amongst ourselves.
But you should know this.

When I was learning to drive in upstate New York, I went to a large plowed/slick parking lot and practiced slamming on the breaks and doing the correct turns to recover control of the car.

Dealing with slippery conditions should be part of drivers ed for everyone.

Shadow Wolf

When I was learning to drive in upstate New York, I went to a large plowed/slick parking lot and practiced slamming on the breaks and doing the correct turns to recover control of the car.

Dealing with slippery conditions should be part of drivers ed for everyone.
Places like here it would probably be a waste of water. In driver's ed I got to be really good at parallel parking because I got to practice it a bunch. Out in the real world I do it so infrequently that I didn't do it for my driving test (the instructor gave up on trying to find a spot), and I've gotten pretty bad at it. Except I started making myself start practicing and doing it again because I often have time to spare, so I'm getting good at it again.
I don't know how to make practice a viable thing here. Probably gravel roads just to have bad road conditions.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Your posts still bring to mind an image of an AT-AT, lol. It's just...there. But with a wolverine or you riding on top.:p

I just don't see it. I'm not complaining and I'm not mad :) . But you seem to see me as an AT-AT or an R2D2, which I find an interesting discussion piece, which was true for 2019-2020 and before I joined, because I lived my life as a very dull, unhappy boy for a long time, you see. But these days, I see my emotions opening up, and myself either being an Avril Lavigne who uses a wolverine persona when it's convenient, or a bit more deadpan like a Billie Eilish. This subject just fascinated me, is all. So if anyone does want to comment on which of the four things they see me as - an R2D2, an AT-AT, an Avril Lavigne, or a Billie Eilish, I will welcome the comments rather than just get mad. Or it could be a subject for the Games forum some day, a poll, but I don't feel like creating a separate thread about it right now. :)

Shadow Wolf

I just don't see it. I'm not complaining and I'm not mad :) . But you seem to see me as an AT-AT or an R2D2, which I find an interesting discussion piece, which was true for 2019-2020 and before I joined, because I lived my life as a very dull, unhappy boy for a long time, you see. But these days, I see my emotions opening up, and myself either being an Avril Lavigne who uses a wolverine persona when it's convenient, or a bit more deadpan like a Billie Eilish. This subject just fascinated me, is all. So if anyone does want to comment on which of the four things they see me as - an R2D2, an AT-AT, an Avril Lavigne, or a Billie Eilish, I will welcome the comments rather than just get mad. Or it could be a subject for the Games forum some day, a poll, but I don't feel like creating a separate thread about it right now. :)
It's an AT-AT with your current avatar on top. My brain latched to the geek side of the force.:p

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
:) In regards to a certain subject:

Screenshot_20210806-020245~2.png

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hah. If it turns out a bunch of people do see me as that, I'm just going to embrace the idea rather than fight it. Might even Photoshop me up an AT-AT avatar to cover these ideas.

I still am reminded of AT-AT often enough when i see KAT-KAT. Your new avatar only reinforces that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To take a stab at you or Indiana?
Not in Indiana. They don't care if school buses slide off the road and into the ditch. It's got to be an exceptionally far outlier of bad roads for those work-obsessed workaholics to let people stay home.
I begin to suspect that you don't like Indiana.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am distraught.. distraught i tell you.

The chemin (alley) that runs by our house has 3 houses at the end. Outside one was a glorious yellow rose tree. From spring to autumn it was a riot of yellow that scented the whole alley.

Rather top heavy it bent double in a recent storm.

Neighbours and i propped it back into place using string, rope and planks of wood.

A tree surgeon has just come and cut it off at the roots and carted it away.

The chemin now looks completely different, bare in fact.

So sad