• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Thank you, I will accept it because I hate having to wear them; but that's the second compliment on them since I took the pic for the avatar haha! When I look in a mirror or at a picture with them I can't tell if they work with my face. They seem big to me. But I'm not always good with those kinds of decisions.
They are a bit big, but that's what makes the nerd factor.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Need to add something to the previous Chinese mooncake post (#77721)
They have a yolk in them in the south, The North not so much, they put a lot of different things in them in the North, but not a yolk

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Thank you, I will accept it because I hate having to wear them; but that's the second compliment on them since I took the pic for the avatar haha! When I look in a mirror or at a picture with them I can't tell if they work with my face. They seem big to me. But I'm not always good with those kinds of decisions.
They look most excellent!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So as a special treat i bought a tin of sardines in tomato sauce to share between the cats. Some of them, being strays, will never have had them before.

I opened the tin, that aroma must travel fast because i was the target of a stampede. Ever try working with 5 cats vying to be fed this wonderous delight? Anyway, deboned, put in feeding bowls and scattered around the kitchen saw 5 cats that wouldn't even come up for air.

Then i noticed the bright red piece left over in the tin... That looks suspiciously like a chilli pepper. A quick look at the carton, in small print under

Sardines à la sauce tomate

Was

Au piment

Piment is french for chilli. Yes i should have read the label fully but a stroke of luck, the cats all gobbled up the chilli sauce. In fact one licked the sardines dry of the sauce and never bothered with the fish

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So as a special treat i bought a tin of sardines in tomato sauce to share between the cats. Some of them, being strays, will never have had them before.

I opened the tin, that aroma must travel fast because i was the target of a stampede. Ever try working with 5 cats vying to be fed this wonderous delight? Anyway, deboned, put in feeding bowls and scattered around the kitchen saw 5 cats that wouldn't even come up for air.

Then i noticed the bright red piece left over in the tin... That looks suspiciously like a chilli pepper. A quick look at the carton, in small print under

Sardines à la sauce tomate

Was

Au piment

Piment is french for chilli. Yes i should have read the label fully but a stroke of luck, the cats all gobbled up the chilli sauce. In fact one licked the sardines dry of the sauce and never bothered with the fish
I'm surprised that they like the tomato sauce...I don't remember any of my cats ever expressing interest in tomatoes...although the presence of fish might have had something to with your experience...

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'm surprised that they like the tomato sauce...I don't remember any of my cats ever expressing interest in tomatoes...although the presence of fish might have had something to with your experience...

I think maybe the fish flavour permeates the sauce. Having said that, all our cats through history ;-) have also loved Bolognese sauce.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Need to add something to the previous Chinese mooncake post (#77721)
They have a yolk in them in the south, The North not so much, they put a lot of different things in them in the North, but not a yolk
Haggis?
Bacon?

ChristineM

Premium Member
My eyes are stupid and I’m having to wear glasses more often and I hate it. Need to go to an optimetrist

You think you have probs. Imagine having eyes that bleed red, no not the eyes bleed but every colour that contains red in its mix is seen with a red halo. Most colours contain red, even black text. So every letter is a red smudge unless i wear green glasses to filter out the red. I have a pair of sunglasses similar to yours, these too have green filter built in.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Hehe, that is kind of funny.

If anyone questions our vocabulary, I just explain its okay, we all just swear like Saylors. (Saylor is our last name.) Ironically, the one of us with the biggest potty mouth is my oldest son, and he isn't a Saylor(he is from a previous relationship, and has his dad's last name).
That's funny and ironic too. Dad was a sailor before he was a marine.

Vocabularies and the mind are interesting things. The more colorful words never really leave us. One day I may forget who I am, but I will still remember how to cuss.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
My eyes are stupid and I’m having to wear glasses more often and I hate it. Need to go to an optimetrist
Maybe this is an excellent opportunity to find an optimistic optometrist to educate your optics. Just my opinion, but it's an option.

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been falling off the Top Poster charts as I continue to experience more things Real Life has to offer, at least for awhile, due to me being more or less fully recovered from my 5-6 week illness. I recovered 5 or more days ago.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That's funny and ironic too. Dad was a sailor before he was a marine.

Vocabularies and the mind are interesting things. The more colorful words never really leave us. One day I may forget who I am, but I will still remember how to cuss.

My son's grandfather(who passed on last year) had one of the most colorful vocabularies I'd ever encountered. Unfortunately, he got dementia in his final years, and didn't know much of his former life, except that he wanted a "*&($#@*)% diet Pepsi!"

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
This comic, for some unknown reason, reminds me of Random Meaningless Announcements or the Last Poster thread:

main-qimg-efa78c0e611e9cade26a8919e98058e0.gif