• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is the origin of Phlegethon?

In addition to referring to “a stream of fire or fiery light,” Phlegethon retains its original meaning as the river of fire that surrounded Hades, the underworld, in Greek mythology. Its name literally means “burning” or “flaming” in Ancient Greek. The Phlegethon was one of five rivers in Hades; the others were the Acheron, Cocytus, Lethe, and Styx. While the Phlegethon was known as the river of fire, the Acheron was the river of sadness, the Cocytus was the river of weeping, the Lethe was the river of forgetfulness, and the Styx was the river of hatred. All five rivers coalesced at the center of Hades, and Charon ferried the souls of the dead either along the Acheron or the Styx, depending on the author.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm going to go have me some Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice cream...and I ain't going to share either.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Daaaang I was running around the block a couple of times to get my heart rate going before barre, which takes me by a heavy traffic street.

Some idiot guy yells something out the window at me (had headphones in so it was muffled, but it was right next to me at a stoplight and startled the **** out of me) and proceeds to hit the car that was turning left in front of him.

I just laughed and laughed! That’s what you get!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Daaaang I was running around the block a couple of times to get my heart rate going before barre, which takes me by a heavy traffic street.

Some idiot guy yells something out the window at me (had headphones in so it was muffled, but it was right next to me at a stoplight and startled the **** out of me) and proceeds to hit the car that was turning left in front of him.

Ain't carma great??

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
img.php

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
What is the origin of Phlegethon?

In addition to referring to “a stream of fire or fiery light,” Phlegethon retains its original meaning as the river of fire that surrounded Hades, the underworld, in Greek mythology. Its name literally means “burning” or “flaming” in Ancient Greek. The Phlegethon was one of five rivers in Hades; the others were the Acheron, Cocytus, Lethe, and Styx. While the Phlegethon was known as the river of fire, the Acheron was the river of sadness, the Cocytus was the river of weeping, the Lethe was the river of forgetfulness, and the Styx was the river of hatred. All five rivers coalesced at the center of Hades, and Charon ferried the souls of the dead either along the Acheron or the Styx, depending on the author.
I get some phlegethon when I drink milk.

Wu Wei

FqxQq-WpwWUWtIPiY9Vi_9PaQVdX96-JOucohiRaDXE.jpg

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I am making goals at barre lightning fast. Except a New Years resolution was to do the splits comfortably again. It took until July and August but I'm getting a lot of flexibility back :flex:

Wu Wei

5% power left..oh no...what will I do...help help.......oh wait...all I have to do is just log off and switch computers if I want...... nevermind.....no reason to panic 4% AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH........

Wu Wei

weird double post thing.....just move along......nothing to see here....3%!!!!!!

bob-panic.gif