• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
“Talking” is harder and a bigger deal for me, so it’s especially annoying if people ignore signals. There are times I’m fine with the effort, times I’m not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The mask is part of the problem! I can usually pantomime and mouth that I can’t speak. It is much more annoying to take an earbud out to hear, take one of the mask bands off if I want to mouth anything, otherwise I just try to use my hands to gesture I don’t speak. Then they want to keep talking and I’m like dude, I didn’t want to talk in the first place. Earbuds!
You're so naiive.
Wanna stop conversations before attempted starts?
Wear a sign...
"Ask me about life insurance"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The mask is part of the problem! I can usually pantomime and mouth that I can’t speak. It is much more annoying to take an earbud out to hear, take one of the mask bands off if I want to mouth anything, otherwise I just try to use my hands to gesture I don’t speak. Then they want to keep talking and I’m like dude, I didn’t want to talk in the first place. Earbuds!

So hang a sign round your neck saying "i dont dont speak and i don't want to talk about it"

On the flip side in bold print "go away"

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I left campus to nap before my 4pm class. Otherwise it has been a great day, I had one of my professors during undergrad years ago and I’m happy to see her again. Several friends in both early classes so far.

I certainly miss remote classes though in some senses.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Hey, just noticed...the picture of our Governor, that I have been seeing for years....is no longer there..

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I left campus to nap before my 4pm class. Otherwise it has been a great day, I had one of my professors during undergrad years ago and I’m happy to see her again. Several friends in both early classes so far.

I certainly miss remote classes though in some senses.
A woman teaching science?
Oh, have things changed since my day.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wait...now a woman science teacher.....is that a come hither thing
There are possibilities...
- She's a lesbian.
- She went into science to get a husband.
- She mistakenly signed up for cosmology, thinking it was "cosmetology".

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
There are possibilities...
- She's a lesbian.
- She went into science to get a husband.
- She mistakenly signed up for cosmology, thinking it was "cosmetology".

Maybe but this would actually be she went into science to get a GEEK for a husband....they're more easily controlled... and just pining for attention

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe but this would actually be she went into science to get a GEEK for a husband....they're more easily controlled... and just pining for attention
And geeks are stable....no chance that they'll run off with
some temptress. They'll earn a good, albeit low, wage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Per the PRC..... they are freedom fighters.....;) what's that tell you, And the Russians had them listed as terrorists...but now they are in negotiations with them...go figure
I suspect China has ulterior motives, and learned from England, Russia, and America.
Russia, Putin is old and secure so he can basically do whatever. Including making it possible to ask if the Cold War really came to an end or if we just had a time out.
Or not, since Reagan said basically the same thing.

Shadow Wolf

I still wear headphones and a lot of people still don't get the universal sign for "don't speak to me. No, I don't and can't hear you because I don't want to."

Shadow Wolf

Wear a mask. But it must be nice to be fancies by peeps close to 20 years your junior. You must be what i call "well preserved" :rolleyes:
It gets old and kind of frustrating to have people think you're a kid or young adult when you've been a regular *** adult for awhile enough now that you're looking at middle aged soon.
Nice, but at the same time you have to deal with people thinking you are that age and being dismissed and treated as such, because "you're still very young."
And then it causes "age group disturbances." Or something like that. Such as people questioning me and really wondering how I'm into the music that was popular when I was growing up. Thinking I'm too young to have been to or know of certain events.
Being well preserved is nice, but it does come with fundamentally being seen as someone you are not.